+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 7/18 - show discussion Design Star 5

FORT Newbie

Re: 7/18 - show discussion Design Star 5

Are you kidding me?? Where did they find these "designers"? Wood paneling on a wall that didn't even cover the whole wall, slap a flat screen TV on it, and call it an "entertainment center"? Removing ceiling tiles and painting the ceiling black? Cutting a number out of wood and glueing it to another piece of wood? And the "cork board"? How is that going to look when it's covered with photos? I'm guessing much better since it'll be covered up.

A "man's man"? Really? Oh he's a man's man alright. Literally.

I can't remember the other guy's name that got hurt but he needs to find another word besides "sooooooooo". I'm sooooooo sorry! I'm soooooo excited! I feel soooooooo bad I let ya'll down!

I had to rewind my DVR to see if Vern actually said "Get outta here" at the end! I bet when the cameras went off he giggled and said "Did ya'll hear me say 'get outta here'? Didn't I sound tough? I'm more of a man's man than Cortland!"

Jeez. I've given up watching this show for the "design" aspect and watching it now for the idiocy of the contestants and judges.

I watched the show again, gosh does this mean I have masochistic tendencies? Mainly to see what the heck was up with Nina's art project. Interesting to note that it was supposed to be a corkboard for the firemen to put up photos of their families. The corkboard was not a bad idea but then after she cut it all up and glued it to the wall, her explaination blew me away. That is was pretty self explanatory that it was a corkboard for the firemen as well as a conceptual art piece. That art does not need to be explained, that it will scream what it is. Is this girl on some kind of meds? Cause she is definitely seeing things the rest of us are not.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapdaddy;3992994;

A "man's man"? Really? Oh he's a man's man alright. Literally.
    I guess it's more accurate than calling himself a ladies man!

Wow, these contestants are getting some bad edits. None of them are coming off as very talented or likeable...

How about the guy who took the nail in his thumb? He's been trashing Alex in the confessionals non-stop and then Alex saved him by finishing building his cabinet. Wow does that guy look like a jerk.

How about the mousy little one who made the Number 5 on the losing team? She really got off easy, I thought she's be going home.

So glad to see Nina leave. Her wall looked so amateur-hour - you could see that all the squares were just cardboard junking up the wall!

I can't even figure out who to root for on this show. I guess Alex and the one that looks kind of like Reese Witherspoon are the least terrible or most likeable? And maybe Emily?

I think the only ones I like at this point are the blonde from Redondo Beach and Alex. I do think Tom is a good designer, but not sure if I like his personality.
    I'm not a fan of Stacey or Emily. The one who had the horrible staple gun accident was not a fave, either. He just says mean things about everyone.

I find it hard to judge design on this show, as they show us so little of it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

This used to be one of my favorite shows. I think I've seen two episodes this time around. The show is an afterthought, and more like "Let's see what FORTers have to mock this time." So then I just read the comments. I'm hoping it will turn around and I'll read something like "Each designer did their own room that DIDN'T look like something my 9-year-old did" so I will tune in to watch.

Frankly I think HGTV lost me when they decided they were going to be the last word on social commentary. Their shows are now loaded with gay couples with babies, always mixed race couples, not that there is anything wrong with it I have nothing against that but it's just sometimes funny to see the number of them on one show after the other, it makes me laugh because they are so determined to make us "tolerant", lol. How do they know we already aren't tolerant? They assume that we "need" their lessons on social development. Now they have loaded this season with what appears to be 100% gay men including the judge who are not doing much to promote their "cause". It makes me wonder who was passed over to put them on since they don't seem to have much to offer as far as design goes and their little bit*hy comments about each other and everyone else shows the bad side of gay when they portray them to have all of the worst qualities of women and none of the good. I really don't enjoy watching a 100% biased environment like HGTV has become, it makes me wonder who has an ax to grind at the controls. It makes me respect them less. They have gotten caught up in causes. I'm ok with that as long as they agree to change the name of the network to something else and let some other station take over the HGTV mission of bringing good design ideas to many who love the arts.

I finally watched last night. My DH and I used to have a date night watching this show...and now we don't. Wonder why?!?! We've found another show to replace this one b/c it stinks this season!!!

As of right now, it may change next week :-), I like Alex and the two blond chicks. They have stayed out of the drama for the most part and even though not great designers that we've been shown...not awful either.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3992969;
    As far as who to root for? Uh.....Alex, maybe, except for that low confidence thing seems to be the nicest of the bunch.

So, you aren't rooting for the "local favorite" . . . whichever one she is?!?!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3995384;
    So, you aren't rooting for the "local favorite" . . . whichever one she is?!?!
    LOL exactly! Who is this local favorite? I've completely forgotten their name, I think it was one of the blond girls. Naw, I don't like any of these guys enough to really root for them nor do I think any of them are all that talented.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who hates this season. I completely blame Mark Burnett, I can see his heavy hand all over this season. I hate it.

They should not have left out Clive. Period. His warmth and humor are sorely missed.

They should not make the judges act like mega b*tches. What happened to constructive criticism? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

They decided to change the teams up this week, but why didn't they do that last week? Dan was royally screwed because he got stuck on the girls team and was the only one with carpenter skills. So unfair.

Enough with the idiotic group challenges. They need stand alone design challenges so we can weed out the floaters.

I"m glad Nina is gone, and I hope Courtland is not far behind.

Do the "suits" at HGTV get that we're suppoed to actually like the contestants and want to watch their show? Seems to me they forgot about that part. Why would I want to watch a show by an unpleasant person?

I like Tom and Emily, but Tom needs to tone down the energy a bit. So far I'm not blown away by anyone, but then they've only had 1 individual challenge thus far.

I say if they want a great show go back and watch season 1, because that was the most enjoyable season thus far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast