+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 7/18 - show discussion Design Star 5

Re: 7/18 - show discussion Design Star 5

I haven't watched yet but I will tonight or tomorrow night. I have no desire to stay up late watching when I have to get up so early....not missing my sleep over this show like I used to! They really need to go back to the old format.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I want Courtland to leave. I've wanted him to leave since the orange walls in the outdoor space and it escalated when he tried to take credit for the other designers idea (good on Alex for calling him on that). Nina doesn't bug me as much as he does but I'm cool with her going as long as he goes next week.

I'm glad Alex stepped up a little this week, I don't see him lasting long but I like him.

Tom annoys me, actually all of them pretty much annoy me....even Alex because he's too quiet!...so I don't care who wins and I don't think the producers or judges do either.

This season is so boring, I'm only watching because there is nothing else on.

While I was watching this episode, all I could think about was when Carter Oosterhouse redid a firehouse in his hometown on the 2008 special "Carter Comes Home" and how amazing it was....and these poor firefighters get too really awful rooms. The network needs to send Carter to those firehouses to fix the mess and give them the great rooms they deserve. That remake cost roughly $130,000 (so there is that annoying little thing called a tiny budget) but still, they could have done so much better!
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I skipped last week's episode to watch "The Glades", and after reading all the comments, never bothered to actually watch the show online.

I did the same thing last night. But I might watch this week's episode just to see Nina go :-)

(I miss the old show, though...the previous seasons were so much better and so much more fun to watch!)

I think both projects were ho hum and that the firefighters deserved better BUT I thought the judges were way over the top with their unleashed anger over the losing team's results. I mean, really!! IMO, their comments went way beyond constructive criticism. If my memory serves me correctly, Vern Yip and Genevieve Gorder put together some stinko rooms when they were on Trading Spaces. I believe their judging power is going to their heads and have noticed it for the last week or two. They all turn me off.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 07-19-2010 at 10:07 AM.

I"m done with the show. I can't take it anymore. All of the inspiration stuff with teams and comments from the judges is just frustrating. Maybe they will learn from this season and do it better next time.

The season we are now seeing has already been taped, so there is nothing they can change at this point. I just hope the understand that it sucks and that the fans don't enjoy that type of show.

Thanks for adding that. Something about Courtland bothers me, especially when they are all up for elimination and he changes his story constantly regardless to agree with who ever he is talking to.

Oh, the fact he called himself a man's man really blew my mind. Is my gaydar off or he is major metrosexual. I would never call Courtland a man's man.

No. Your gaydar is not off.
    That line just cracked me up. So did Genevieve's response to it.

While I'm not a big fan of Nina, she was starting to grow on me.
    Courtland has gotten on my nerves with his behavior and, while I felt bad for Mike's accident, he has got to be my least favorite designer. All he does is bash everybody. He's not a designer I would ever want to use in my home.
    Talk about exaggeration on the part of the judges last night. For Genevieve to go on about anybody's designs (after having turned in some super cra*tastic ones on TS) just makes me cringe. And, poor Vern has to utter words about these designs that make these designers seem like they're ax murderers! This show is just way too scripted this season.
    I'm so glad Mad Men is going to be returning next week.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I hate Vern. Candice just sat there with her mouth shut, probably to stay out of the line of fire while the other two bagged on the designers in the worst way. Their comments really came out of left field, and although once they had their say I could understand the point of view about the black and the charred wood looking paneling, but I can also understand the point of view of the designers in making those choices in the first place. Their color scheme was better than the other team's. I don't think any sane person would have looked at that room and become "angry" in the vehement way that Vern described.

I also hate Nina; the judges were spectacularly mean to be able to draw attention away from Nina's arrogance. She seems like the kind of person who blows her own horn so loud in order to mask deep insecurities, but even if that is the case, I don't want to hear it, and I am very glad she is gone. Too bad we can't vote out Vern.

I thought when Courtland was talking about the "man cave" and how "rough, tough - yet beautiful" it was, I liked his hosting abilities. Too bad it was for the camera earlier and not on the hosting tape, but yay that they didn't send him home over Nina.

I think the judges were told to act really mean and impersonal to the contestants. Their remarks are so totally over the top to me that it seems too scripted. Anyone who's seen Trading Spaces with Vern and Genevive, know that they are acting contrary to what their personalities were on that show. This season is just not good at all, neither the judges, the teams or the challenges.
    I could not believe my eyes when I saw that paneling behind the flat screen that like Genevive said, looked like charred wood, something very unappeling to firefighters! And, who does paneling anymore?? It just seemed so out of place with the rest of the decor.
    I'm delighted that Nina is gone. There was not one redeeming quality about her latest "mural." Not did it make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3990939;
    Thanks for adding that. Something about Courtland bothers me, especially when they are all up for elimination and he changes his story constantly regardless to agree with who ever he is talking to.

Oh, the fact he called himself a man's man really blew my mind. Is my gaydar off or he is major metrosexual. I would never call Courtland a man's man.
    I cracked up when he kept calling himself a man's man. Yes, those V-neck shirts just shout "manly man"! Maybe he meant it literally? You know, he's the man to some man?

It seems that with Nina out, we're all diverting our hate to Courtland. Now we just need to find someone to root for...
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3992952;
    It seems that with Nina out, we're all diverting our hate to Courtland. Now we just need to find someone to root for...

LOL no.....I've always hated Courtland even more so than my dislike of Nina. I sort of felt sorry for her because she didn't seem to fit in with the others and was acting out from a place of insecurity. Courtland? I just despise, he is a liar who tries to steal the ideas and credit of others.

Vern and Genevieve and even Candace are playing roles, they are nothing like this in their other shows (Trading Spaces, Deserving Design (Vern), Dear Genevieve) and we all know that the producer is notorious for scripting his reality shows.

I hate that they've turned them into such nasty people that are so despised because Vern has always been one of my favorite people on this network, hopefully next season they change things up and give us back the Vern we were all excited to see again.

As far as who to root for? Uh.....Alex, maybe, except for that low confidence thing seems to be the nicest of the bunch.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast