+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 7/11 Show Thread: HGTV Design Star 5

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: 7/11 Show Thread: HGTV Design Star 5

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3989547;
    Let's do a Trading Spaces swap and put Frank in for Vern. I'd like to see that redhead ... cannot remember her name! ... swapped in for Genevieve. I like Candace so far, I didn't know her before Design Star.

I like that idea.

As someone else said, Vern was FUN on Trading Spaces. He seems to have grown very old on the inside without aging much on the outside.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Dan was hot ergo he should have his own show just for me gaze upon him.

If these people ever watched Vern on Trading Spaces, they would know that he loves hanging things from the ceiling with fishing wire (candles, etc.) and floor-to-ceiling drapes. I am still wondering why Genevieve is wearing shoes on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalwatcher;3993705;
    If these people ever watched Vern on Trading Spaces, they would know that he loves hanging things from the ceiling with fishing wire (candles, etc.) and floor-to-ceiling drapes. I am still wondering why Genevieve is wearing shoes on this show.
    *excuse me while I scrape myself up off the floor* HAHAH! That was funny.

Whenever we would watch Vern on Deserving Design, I would always say to my hubby before it even started "I bet he does a cluster of candles on the wall with mirrors behind them" and he almost always did! It was sort of game for me, spot the mirror candles. He was extremely predictable and yet he tore apart Nina for doing the same? Nice double standard there.

The only one of those three that has shown that she can design is Candace, there have been many....many...many designs on her show that I wanted. She did an "Old World" library once as the home office for a client and I to this day can still remember every single detail of that amazing room and how much I want to replicate it. It was luxurious and yet comfortable, just an amazing show piece that was a fully functional office.

The other two? Should just be her sidekicks, she is the one with the talent to back up her critiques and yet she mostly just sits there and parrots the other two.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I know, Harmony 2000, I would love for Candice to come to my house and do something amazing here whereas the rest of their hosts I would not trust them for a minute to decorate my house. Genevieve did such a nauseating makeover the last time I watched her show involving black, yellow and off white paint in the name of "modernizing" a space.... I could not believe it was on the air.

I love Candice!!! She can come redo all of my house or all of it anytime she wants to.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

This year's DS is pathetic! This is the worst season ever! Bring back Clive. Vern being smug and stuffy doesn't work and he doesn't work as a host. There should be less team projects and more individual challenges plus if they are going to do team challenges they should mix them up a bit at every challenge to make it more interesting. Bring back the paint can and reward the winner for each challenge. I also hate the fact that one team is less than the other, that is not fair. If there is an odd number make it a team challenge.

Also bring back the reunion show. Last year's last episode was so lame at the end. The two finalist didn't even get a prize like a car, cash, or a cruise trip. Dan, the runner-up just walked away into darkness after Antonio won and that's it. BTW, I thought Dan was the superior designer and he could have easily won most of the other seasons including this 5th one (I'm surprised that he was cut from Season 3 or he would have won that). Antonio was selected winner because he is quirky, edgy and different which the producers wanted in their show. He does have some charm and his hosting ability and personality won it for him and not his design. This year's crop of designers are lame. The white box challenge kinda give you the idea of who will be the top designers but this time they picked Nina who sucks! And sure enough she got eliminated a few episodes later.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 07-31-2010 at 03:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345