+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 6/27 Show Thread Design Star 5

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 6/27 Show Thread Design Star 5

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3960146;
    I prefer when they work in real spaces rather than white boxes. I want to see how designers deal with windows, natural light, ceilings, doors, electrical requirements, traffic flow, etc. White boxes are diaramas; they're three-dimensional, full-scale presentation boards.
    Real spaces are best but they don't typically do those on individual challenges until they're down to four contestants (I guess it costs too much to redo that many actual rooms).

In the first two seasons, there were challenges where each designer designed the same real space on paper after hearing what a client wanted. Then the client chose the design they liked best and that designer was the team leader. I liked those because we (and the judges) got to see what each designer would have done, and we got to see the team leader's organizational, time management, and leadership skills.

I really don't like the pompous way these judges are coming across and the way they emote over crap design. Especially Vern. He has taste for @#$%...he should not be a judge. David Bromstadt is not a "great" designer, and seems more flamboyant lately. I'm tired of these fake designers getting their own shows and coming up with awful designs. His paintings are laughable and yet he says each time what an opportunity they had to get one of his originals, (where is that barf icon). Oh well, I seem to be in the minority. Candice is a real designer and it's fun to watch her show because of that and the fact that she actually has a business with real contractors of her own that have worked for her a long time. She is not forced to go to the Salvation Army to redo a home and call some friends or family to help her pull it off. I mean if you are going to do a station about Interior Design, why be self conscious about it? It's considered one of the arts. If you want to do a handy mans how to show or craft show DO that. I also enjoy Sarah's House on another station. She's very good. The only design you really see anymore on HGTV when they aren't too busy giving us a "social message" is when they have 'Bang for Your Buck' on because the work was done by outside sources whose work is showcased but then critiqued by the same inept hirees of HGTV....Ok, just a little grouchy today, lol.

Finally someone else who does not like David Bromstadt.
    There's no place like home!

I don't think anyone really thinks David Bromstadt is a great painter. He creates a painting to fit the decor of the home he is designing and his clients appreciate that he has created something unique for them regardless of the quality.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3966108;
    I don't think anyone really thinks David Bromstadt is a great painter. He creates a painting to fit the decor of the home he is designing and his clients appreciate that he has created something unique for them regardless of the quality.
    I agree. He does not do high art. Most of his stuff is fun and goes with the theme of the room. And frankly, it is better than a lot of the stuff you see sold in lower end decorating stores.

My opinion of David has nothing to do with his paintings, I do not care for his decorating style.
    There's no place like home!

or the loud hysterical asylum laughing at nothing......

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3966108;
    I actually think David is a great painter, but he specializes in pop art, not your "traditional" design. For a pop artist, he is fabulous and can really make his designs come alive, with quality.

He's annoying the living crap out of me this season. I'm not a huge fan of Miami style, but he's making it worse with his incessant laughing and his quite apparent ego. Bring back the David of old.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234