+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6/20 Show Discussion

Re: 6/20 Show Discussion

Arielflies,

I'm with you on this one.
    The show has lost a lot for me with the new Mark Burnett format.
    It was no surprise to see Nina staying even though I thought her hosting skills were fairly awful. If I had to listen to that voice on a regular basis, it would be enough to wean me off this network.

I was glad to see Courtland do well this week. After being thrown under the bus by Nina last week, he deserved a break.
    So far, the men are impressing me more than the women.
    THis week's challenge was not very impressive. It just served to give license for more "drama". I can do without that on this show. I just want to see design.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I agreed with the bottom 2 and can see why they sent whats-her-face home. She did not get what the judges were saying and seems to have no desire to grow. I also enjoyed the look on her face when her attempt to derail someone else backfired. Nina looked scared to death and not at all her confident-brassy self. I think her boss and bully ways hides a very insecure person. And she said how to deal with her (in-your-face and do the same to her) it seems. We'll see how she responds to that. And the fact that her "buddy" was sent home could add something else. I thought they both were awful hosts.

I still like the old format much better. The paint cans, the team leaders, the budges, Clive.

Ger

I also did not care for tonights show.
    I would rather see them work alone in the white box setting to get to see what each can do.
    To me it did not show enough of each desinger.

I just finished watching. I pretty much agree with the judges. BUT hate the new format. I don't like Nina. Not overly impressed with the girls yet. I do like a couple of the guys. Guess we'll see what happens next week...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

It's set up for more fights and drama for our viewing pleasure. Less about the actual design work. I'd like to see more individual challenges rather than group.

If nothing else the men, or at least most of them tried to work as a team coordinating their efforts into a cohesive whole as opposed to the women's team who instantly had their backs up because of Nina.

Still I do like to see the white box challenges they are more indicative of the designers talent vs the drama inducing team challenges. But I do see the point of the team challenges as all the shows are team efforts.

The ending of the show reminds me a lot of the way The Apprentice ends. Tad repetitive that.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I also like how Vern stated something about how they don't really care how they get along, it's about the design.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I agree with Vern to an extent. I do think you have to learn to get a long and work as a team whether you like it or not. You have to learn to deal with different personailities and others with different taste and opinions than yours.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I wish the girls had banded together and got Nina under control.
    When she was pushing for the red rug they should have had a vote... 3 votes wins.
    None of the girls are really impressing me...
    Can I say yet again how much I don't like group challenges on these shows??
    And really, trying to mash the styles from 5 different outfits into one apartment? I just don't get it.
    IMO neither apartment looked as polished as it should have... partly this is due to the ridiculously short time frames they are given to finish their designs. Not sure how the spread in Redbook will turn out... pretty boring I guess.

During the judges' visit, the strongest criticism was that the mens' bedroom was completely off the mark so I was surprised that the men won.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12