+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Design Star 5

Design Star 5

Premiers June 13, 2010 at 10/9C

Here is the link to the 12 Designers competing in season 5.

Design Star Designers : Design Star : Home & Garden Television

HGTV's top-rated reality competition, HGTV Design Star, returns for a dynamic fifth season. Produced by Mark Burnett Productions, the series will feature 12 competitive and creative finalists executing ingenious designs, as well as an illustrious judging panel of acclaimed interior designers, including Genevieve Gorder, Candice Olson and Vern Yip. The finalists, who include professional interior designers, contractors, stylists, architects and artists, must navigate innovative design challenges and dazzle the judges with creativity until one wins their own show on HGTV.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Design Star 5

Our local paper had a small snippet on Design Star in this morning's edition.

The blonde in the blue dress (standing on the far right) is from our area (even though she doesn't mention it in her bio). A local favorite, perhaps?

First Colonial alum is a 'HGTV Design Star' finalist | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

North Carolina is in the area of Virginia? LOL teasing!

I live in Virginia (Hampton Roads actually) and I haven't seen anything about her till you pointed this out. Odd. Usually the TV stations are all over it, remember when the contestants from here were on SYTYCD? Travis, Danny, Jamie....it was all you heard, read....they were on the high light reels of the local stations. And then there are the ones that make it onto AI, again all over the place.

I guess this show isn't considered news worthy enough to get a big story and high light reels or it could simply be that she no longer lives here while those other contestants still did/do?

I consider my town to be part of Hampton Roads (or Tidewater if you prefer) since it's too far from any other NC town and so close to the border, snugged right up there with Chesapeake and VB. Check the last page of the Daily Break section of the Pilot.

Today's paper has a retraction of the info they printed yesterday.

Apparently, HGTV is taking the blame for misidentifying the contestant who went to school in Virginia Beach.

It's actually Casey Noble who graduated from First Colonial High School. She's in the back row as well, fourth from the right. Her bio doesn't mention it either!

VA Pilot's website isn't up-to-date enough to include the info (at least not that I could find) so here's what appeared in the actually print version of the paper:

ROOT FOR THIS DESIGNING WOMAN

Due to an error from HGTV's PR firm, Friday's Gab Bag was cheerleading the wrong design guru.

Casey Noble is, in fact, the hometown designer to root for in the upcoming seasons of "HGTV Design Star" which premieres at 10 p.m. Sunday.

Noble is a graduate of First Colonial High School in Virgninia Beach and lives in Redondo Beach, Calif. She has worked for two high-profile design firms and managed several international design projects before starting her own residential and commercial design business.

She is one of the 12 "Design Star" finalists vying for her own show on the HGTV network during the 11-week competition.

HGTV apologizes for the error.
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 06-12-2010 at 11:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread