+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Design Star - season 5

Re: Design Star - season 5

Sorry to double post. I thought it was interesting that of the four designers who said the "I am .." at the end of the Web commercial for the show, one was the first one off. I forget. Was that a pattern of the other shows? I don't remember if any of the winners or top two were featured in commercials at the start and early parts of the season.

The show really missed Clive, as did I. His wit and humor were sorely needed.

That is my only negative, however, as I did like the new format of the show.

Nina is being edited as "the villain", so I doubt she makes it to F1. You can't have a host who is hated by America.

I liked that they began with an individual challenge rather than decorating their dwelling, which is what they normally do.

Could the mods combine this longer thread with the other separate one? Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3936752;
    Could the mods combine this longer thread with the other separate one? Thanks
    Oh please ... my head is spinning ... I was on the other one and it is very quiet over there.
    KAREN

Yeah, looks like the threads have been combined into one big happy family. I will be curious to see how Nina's partner will deal with her basically sabotaging him by not even mentioning the words bohemian chic as far as describing her style.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

As a design, I can see how attractive Nina's room was but she was supposed to design a room for a man. Who puts paper parasols all over a room for a guy? What guy wants paper parasols? And just imagine what dust catchers they are and last I looked, men don't dust. Had she designed this for a woman, I would have totally agreed wtih the judges but in my mind, she missed the object of the challenge. It wasn't "just design a lovely room."

Nina is the bitch. Bye bye show. lol I miss Clive. I liked him and I thought he bought something to the show. Did they let him go or did he decide to leave?

BTW...what happened to Genevieve's hair? I noticed on the Block show she was hosting that it looked odd. Very short and choppy at the scalp and looked much thinner than it was. It looks kinda like a shag now. I don't know if it is just a bad cut or bad extensions but it used to be so full and pretty that it took me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3942559;
    Nina is the bitch. Bye bye show. lol I miss Clive. I liked him and I thought he bought something to the show. Did they let him go or did he decide to leave?
    I think I read in In G's interview that she said the format of the show changed a bit, and that the judges would be more involved with the designers, more mentor like that the producers felt having Clive was over kill.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3942797;
    I think I read in In G's interview that she said the format of the show changed a bit, and that the judges would be more involved with the designers, more mentor like that the producers felt having Clive was over kill.
    TY. Sad because I actually thought this was a show where the host helped it along.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast