+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mark Burnett Team to Produce Next Season

Mark Burnett Team to Produce Next Season

hgtvofficial (Twitter Post)

Exciting news for HGTV Design Star! Mark Burnett Team to Produce Fifth Season Mark Burnett Team to Produce Fifth Season of HGTV Design Star 1:43 PM Dec 3rd
    This will be interesting!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Mark Burnett Team to Produce Next Season

Beginning to see advertisements for the new season. Would like to hear a start date, but the ads only say "coming in June".

Edited to add: went to their website. Looks like the new season kicks off June 13th at 10pm
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I am so stoked they are returning to NYC. I think that is why I enjoyed Season 1 more than those that have followed. Now we'll have to see what the Burnett producers do with it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

For me the best season was Season 2 with Sparkle Josh and Will. I really wanted them to give those two their own show, I would have been a devout viewer. I simply adored them together.

I can barely remember season 1, so I'm not sure that location had anything to do with it. I think they lost their way with their challenges and the concept of the show and hopefully this season will have them back to what made it so great once upon a time (and last season? The judges were mean! Lets hope they ditched that this season. I don't like my Vern with a side of mean, at all).

I'm excited to see this season. Seems it might actually be what I'd always hoped Design Star would be - a competition between capable competitors who have access to carpenters, and judges who get to see the actual projects & not just TV screens. Also, the hosting skills will be emphasized. Too bad Genevieve is still a judge, though. I don't think she brings any expertise to anything.

I agree with Harmony . . . . . LOVED Sparkle Josh!!

Design Star is certainly no my favorite reality show, but it is fun to see what they come up with . . . from the Gee-I-wish-I-had-that-in-my-house designs to the don't-even-think-about-bringing-that-in-here designs.

It's entertaining tv on an otherwise boring night.

+ Reply to Thread