+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Todd: Season Two

  1. #1
    A Swirl of Leaves Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,542

    Todd: Season Two

    Surfer Todd is either the new host or a substitute host on the Over Your Head fix it show. What makes me think he might be new is that there was no mention of the previous host and there was a new carpenter in the cast.

    Todd has been featured recently on Superscapes with the design of a skateboard ramp, and was a carpenter on one of the Design Challenge shows, but this is, to the best of my knowledge, his first hosting job.

    He was much calmer than the previous host, Erik, who was in a motorcycle accident last year, which may be why Todd is hosting...any way - good for him.

  2. #2
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: Todd: Season Two

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3723669;
    Surfer Todd is either the new host or a substitute host on the Over Your Head fix it show. What makes me think he might be new is that there was no mention of the previous host and there was a new carpenter in the cast.

    Todd has been featured recently on Superscapes with the design of a skateboard ramp, and was a carpenter on one of the Design Challenge shows, but this is, to the best of my knowledge, his first hosting job.

    He was much calmer than the previous host, Erik, who was in a motorcycle accident last year, which may be why Todd is hosting...any way - good for him.
    I haven't watched the show in a long time.
    Haven't seen it yet with Todd. I hope he's not as over the top as he was on DS.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  3. #3
    A Swirl of Leaves Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,542

    Re: Todd: Season Two

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3724704;
    I haven't watched the show in a long time.
    Haven't seen it yet with Todd. I hope he's not as over the top as he was on DS.
    No, he was definitely mellow and on the down low. He helped the female half of the household finish up a small bathroom. She did great and has fallen in love with power tools.

    Ahhh - I found out his full name is Todd Davis.

  4. #4
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: Todd: Season Two

    Glad to know he's mellowed out.
    The image of the aging, manic surfer guy he depicted on DS was a bit off putting.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  5. #5
    26.2, baby! Allie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,683

    Re: Todd: Season Two

    Thanks for the update. Might try to catch the show he was on.

  6. #6
    FORT Fogey ASassyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Todd: Season Two

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3723669;
    Surfer Todd is either the new host or a substitute host on the Over Your Head fix it show. What makes me think he might be new is that there was no mention of the previous host and there was a new carpenter in the cast.

    Todd has been featured recently on Superscapes with the design of a skateboard ramp, and was a carpenter on one of the Design Challenge shows, but this is, to the best of my knowledge, his first hosting job.

    He was much calmer than the previous host, Erik, who was in a motorcycle accident last year, which may be why Todd is hosting...any way - good for him.
    He did a guest stint on the show last season as the guest carpenter. I have to say I'm not a happy camper. Eric Stromer was my fave of the male TV hosts on HGTV.

    I will admit that Todd has toned it down some, but I still am not happy he took over the show.

  7. #7
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: Todd: Season Two

    Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3727837;
    He did a guest stint on the show last season as the guest carpenter. I have to say I'm not a happy camper. Eric Stromer was my fave of the male TV hosts on HGTV.

    I will admit that Todd has toned it down some, but I still am not happy he took over the show.
    I just read somewhere - can't remember where it was - that Todd is just filling in as Eric is off somewhere. Eric, they said, is definitely returning.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  8. #8
    FORT Fogey ASassyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Todd: Season Two

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3727935;
    I just read somewhere - can't remember where it was - that Todd is just filling in as Eric is off somewhere. Eric, they said, is definitely returning.
    Oh, thanks for that info! *big hug* There was no mention of Eric at all, just Todd there with a new carpenter as his side kick.

  9. #9
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: Todd: Season Two

    Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3727984;
    Oh, thanks for that info! *big hug* There was no mention of Eric at all, just Todd there with a new carpenter as his side kick.
    Happy to report it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  10. #10
    A Swirl of Leaves Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,542

    Re: Todd: Season Two

    I wonder if Todd will play the role of "Extra" at the network? Sort of the go to guy as a substitute host. He has been popping up now and then over the past year.

    I wonder what the HGTV project is in LA David has been tweeting about? He said it was with other designers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.