+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 9/13 FINALE Discussion...and the winner is...

Re: 9/13 FINALE Discussion...and the winner is...

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3700646;
    Sheesh.. the reason there was no voting this season is because they knew that America wouldn't vote in who THEY wanted to vote in. Last year's Jennifer debacle was the deathknell of public voting. You could tell from halfway through the season that Antonio was the favored child. This finale show was so anti-climactic.

The judges threw EVERYTHING that they had been begging for all season out the window to give Antonio the win. His hosting skills were pathetic! He couldn't explain why he did anything in the room... just pointed to different items and said "Yo, I did dat. I did dat. I did dat! Mmmm, lasagna!" His rooms were juvenile at best.. I thought the living room looked horribly mismatched and disjointed and the tv "cupboard" was ugly and too bulky, the little boy's room was once again boring with just some large graphics on the wall and no added storage, and the master bedroom furniture placement was exactly what they had had to begin with. The only quality item in the entire house was the fact that he moved the entrance to their bathroom (and again.. in his hosting his explanation for why he moved it was insanely bad.)

Dan gave the designers everything that they had been demanding: storage, design, function, and a personal hosting style with no giggling. The only conflict that I see here was that he wasn't "new" or "different" unfortunately. =(
    Great post, I agree with the fix being in the mix as it was in season 2.

In season 2 they got rid of Will, who was the best designer of the F3, which set up a win for Kim against Todd-the-Tool.

This time it was painfully obvious that Antonio was the chosen one, and I say, why bother having a competition when the fix is in for the host they want? It makes no sense, and the initial concept was for the viewers of HGTV to choose who's show they wanted to watch.

I'm sure Dan would have won if the vote had been put to the viewers. I really don't see Dan as David-lite at all, they have very different design aesthetics, but they are both young and good looking men. That's about as far as it goes.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3700826;
    Holmes sounds like a good show. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
    Check your listings for 6PM on Fridays; that is when I view it.

I am thrilled that Antonio won. I've thought he was a teddy bear at heart ever since he jumped in and helped Lonnie when her design crashed and fell to the floor. I love his style of hosting, it's entertaining to me.

Yeah Antonio!!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I thought he was an old softie underneath, as well. And, I felt it from the time of the white rooms when Lonnie's glasses kept coming off the walls and he pitched in to help.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3701114;
    I am thrilled that Antonio won. I've thought he was a teddy bear at heart ever since he jumped in and helped Lonnie when her design crashed and fell to the floor. I love his style of hosting, it's entertaining to me.

Yeah Antonio!!
    I too am glad Antonio won! I wasn't thrilled with anything Dan did all season, he was just totally blah for me...then last week with his gazebo shenanigans, he showed me that his character was questionable. He should not have even been in the final two, he should have gone last week, but at least he lost! Antonio was my favorite almost from the start, he's talented and I will definately watch his show, while Dan fades into obscurity where he belongs.

I am happy that Antonio won. I thought those tacky stick on mirrors were horrid. It looked ok on tv but if you have ever seen them in person.....also can't imagine what that would look like over the fireplace, oy vey...the sliding things were ok but when I couldn't sleep last night, I was wondering about how those would look like expanded with two mirror like wings to the side. That could be weird. I liked both of the kitchens but I didn't think that small delicate tile went with the heavy look of granite in Dan's kitchen. Wish Antonio had done tile in his though. All in all, not a stellar crop this year but I think that Antonio may be interesting, he's certainly a very hard worker and seems to get along with people as long as they get his personality and don't take it too seriously. Dan was a little too girly-man for me. Sorry....Whatever happened to that show Designing for the Sexes? I used to love that show. Dan would be a great replacement for a show like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3701017;
    Check your listings for 6PM on Fridays; that is when I view it.
    Thank you! I'll do that. Like the sound of the show.

I liked them both, but was rooting for Antonio. I am glad he won. I wouldn't be surprised if Dan won the net contest.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fanatic

I agree, Dan should have won but I think Antonio was consistent too. Gut feeling told me he was going to win 'cos the two ladies were pulling for him and plus he is unique. I guess they wanted something out of the ordinary. My guess is that more his unsual style of presentation rather than design won him the gig. Dan was by far a more polished desinger. I hope he gets something.

Antonio's humor was an important part of his presentation. And his designs were unpredictable to say the least. I think both of those qualities made him an appealing host for a new show. I did like Dan, he was very thoughtful in his approach to his clients. It was a good final two.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast