+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 9/13 FINALE Discussion...and the winner is...

Re: 9/13 FINALE Discussion...and the winner is...

Antonio's style reminds me of Mike Holmes from "Holmes on Homes". I don't know if that is an HGTV show or another channel. They both have an "in your face" way of interacting with the camera, which I don't mind as long as there is substance and experience to back it up.

Anyway...I knew from the get-go that they would make sure Antonio would win.
    I liked some of what he did over the course of the show....just like I liked some of what Dan, Lonnie and Torri did.

But I absolutely hated that nonsense Antonio made of the fireplace and the whole livingroom was just one big hot mess. I wonder if the family asked for a do-over. I would.
    And that lonnngggg green wall in the master bedroom needed to be broken up with something. Maybe he should have dome some sort of paint technique on it...but with only 4 days I guess the only thing they have time for is to shop.

Dan's house as a whole was much more pleasing and styled than Antonio's was.
    His teen room kicked butt.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I won't be watching Antonio's show either. Even through the tv, he seems to take up too much of my personal space. That in-your-face attitude comes right through the screen.

Didn't think the little boys room was anything special. The living room was crowded and that red chair didn't belong. Although moving the door was a great idea, putting only ONE sink in the master bathroom was a mistake!

Dan's house wasn't perfect (way too many mirrors), but it was far and away 100 times better than Antonio's. Felt that Dan designed for the family, while Antonio designed for the show. You can even hear him say something about "the camera" when he is picking paint colors.

The young girls room made great use of the small space she had. Big improvement in the kitchen. I personally like the backsplash the way Dan did it. It didn't look "unfinished" to my eyes. Mom's room was very, very nice. She can definitely retreat to that room at the end of a long day and find peace and tranquility.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

After hearing the results, which I expected, I didn't bother to tune in. I guess I just didn't want to see Dan broken hearted. Don't know if I will watch or not. Did they say who won the Web show?

The premise of Mike Holmes' show (Canadian based) is philanthropy. These are builder failures where the homeowners have exhausted their resources. Yes, he is gruff, but it is a righteous gruff...make it right. He is also a master teacher along with being a master carpenter and his young crews are a treat to watch. So far, all I've seen of Antonio is his ego talking. We'll have to see how a polished production team can guide and direct his show.

You can still vote online for the Web Show. Don't know how long the voting will be available.

The website says tomorrow is the last day for fan voting.

HOWEVER . . . it also says you can vote by text message until:

"Tuesday, September 13th"

The 13th was Sunday.

When I tried to text this morning (first time voting that way), I got a message back saying:

"Sorry, this voting session is over. The Keyword you have entered is no longer valid. Please reply HELP for more information on the Scripps campaign".

Anybody else have that problem?

"Little Sew&Sew" you are right. The website does say that. I just tried and I can't vote by text either. Did you notice it has for text message deadline as Tuesday, September 13th? Tuesday is the 15th and the 13th was yesterday, Sunday. Guess they need to hire someone to proof read what is posted on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3700749;
    The premise of Mike Holmes' show (Canadian based) is philanthropy. These are builder failures where the homeowners have exhausted their resources. Yes, he is gruff, but it is a righteous gruff...make it right. He is also a master teacher along with being a master carpenter and his young crews are a treat to watch.
    I used to think that Holmes was gruff until I actually sat down and watched a show or two. Now I think he's just a big ol' teddy bear. He's great.. and a recent addiction of mine. Love him. =) Antonio is no Mike Holmes.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3700821;
    I used to think that Holmes was gruff until I actually sat down and watched a show or two. Now I think he's just a big ol' teddy bear. He's great.. and a recent addiction of mine. Love him. =) Antonio is no Mike Holmes.
    Holmes sounds like a good show. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3700821;

I agree Broadway. I've seen him moved to tears when the homeowners express gratitude for all he's done.

He's the kind of guy you want watching out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3700749;
    The premise of Mike Holmes' show (Canadian based) is philanthropy. These are builder failures where the homeowners have exhausted their resources. Yes, he is gruff, but it is a righteous gruff...make it right. He is also a master teacher along with being a master carpenter and his young crews are a treat to watch. So far, all I've seen of Antonio is his ego talking. We'll have to see how a polished production team can guide and direct his show.
    I agree. I was just comparing their no-nonsense speaking styles.
    Hubby has a man-crush on Mike Holmes
    He (hubby) is an interior carpenter and has done tons of remodels. He's gone into homes and repaired jobs and messes left by other contractors.

ETA - Holmes on Homes is an HGTV show.
    Last edited by french dip; 09-14-2009 at 02:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast