+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/6 Show Discussion: Celebrity Rooms Final Three

9/6 Show Discussion: Celebrity Rooms Final Three

I have a half hour to wait to see who gets eliminated. David B said in his last vlog that this episode is supposed to be good. I hope that is true. Post with you all later.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 9/6 Show Discussion: Celebrity Rooms Final Three

RATS. No spoilers. Sigh. You mean I have to be surprised? Sigh

Does anyone think Dan is too similar to David Bromstead??

Isn't this season 4? Who won season 3 and did they ever have a show??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Watching on the West Coast without spoilers is such an unusual experience. I think Kathy Griffin was a little too vague and it could spell doom for her designer Antonio. Saying, "whatever, you decide" sounds a little too open ended...

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3692956;
    Does anyone think Dan is too similar to David Bromstead??

Isn't this season 4? Who won season 3 and did they ever have a show??
    Jennifer Bertrand was the winner of Season 3 and she apparently had a special in January and a baby in February. Her show is supposed to premier in the fall ???
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

In the mountains waiting for the snow to arrive

Did not get to watch. Who was eliminated tonight?
    Faith grows from little seeds of Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by UOrealityfan;3692990;
    Did not get to watch. Who was eliminated tonight?
    (Go Ducks!) Lonni was eliminated - the judges indicated that her design was a bit of a one-note repeat from weeks past plus they said she did not work too well with her time constraint. Basically, she did a pretty good job.

All the clients seemed very happy with the work done by the designers.

I liked that Dan did not put any anchors or cliche motifs for the beach themed baby's room. The sculpture he created - boats hanging from the ceiling looked very cool.

Antonio worked very well with the space and his client Kathy Griffin. He chose an interesting and unusual color palate and got rid of a ceramic tile floor which made an incredible difference in the look of the room. He created good work spaces but fell short with the accessories. I agreed with the judges that he filled the room with small scale tables and rugs that seemed to junk the room up. As a host, I like his style. It is different than other HGTV shows.

In the mountains waiting for the snow to arrive

Thanks Cootie (and thanks for the Go Ducks!)
    Faith grows from little seeds of Hope.

I think Jennifer's show is premiering this week.

I loved Dan's room. They criticized his hosting once again but that can be fixed with a good coach. Yes, he is an artist and I was glad he was able to place an original piece in the room. The large scale boat cutouts hanging from the ceiling rather than a mobile was a terrific use of space and theme. The curtain wall was gorgeous. It was nice to see him sitting at a sewing machine putting them together. Yay...after all the editing foretelling for his dismissal tonight, he made it through.

I was happy to see Antonio working well with his helpers - that is an aspect that has concerned me about him having his own show...but, he still has to get through next week. His all metal fabricated room isn't to my taste, but he did fem it up a bit with the purple wall colors. The time zone clocks were well placed as was the map. I think those were my two favorite things about his room. Genevieve was right, though, in that he could have filled up the end space near the TVs with a larger rug and larger tables. IMO, of course.

Lonnie used interesting eco materials in her room, but once again a repeated pattern on the feature wall. Her room looked soft with the exception of the wood slab headboard, which they were unable to mount on the wall in the amount of time alloted and which proved to be her downfall. They cited her dismissal as a failure to manage her time.

This is interesting because while they've been harping on hosting style as a huge factor, they let go the most natural host and kept nervous laugh guy and pound it out in you face guy.

The Final Two challenge "started" at the end of the judging session. Looks like they are doing rooms for families once again.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by UOrealityfan;3692998;
    Thanks Cootie (and thanks for the Go Ducks!)
    Go Ducks. Hope there are no foul plays this time around! I'm sure they liked Dan's room! Gotta love a water room.

Seriously, the editing made me think Dan was going home. And I was surprised when they didn't mention Lonni's stilted and rushed delivery. Actually, I liked her room the least and I agree that she always has one wall that is the focus of her rooms. They have mentioned that before.

Once they panned again to Antonio's room, I got what they said about scale and they were right.

I do wish Dan would get over the giggling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast