+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/6 Show Discussion: Celebrity Rooms Final Three

Re: 9/6 Show Discussion: Celebrity Rooms Final Three

Finally saw the episode. I liked all 3 rooms.
    I especially liked Antonio's and I'n not even a fan of contemporary / modern. He is just so unique and creative. I give him a lot of credit for that.
    I did like Dan's boat mobile on the ceiling, but I did find the room bit overcrowded in general.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Per the episode description for the final challenge...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    each will have to design an ENTIRE house for a deserving family. WOW! Way to stick it to them! Good luck is all I can say.

OT: Jennifer Bertrand's show premiered this afternoon - Paint Over. Like Vern's Deserving Design show a "worthy" family is chosen and two rooms are re-done. Unlike Vern's show, the homeowners are participants throughout the whole process and she has one carpenter. She is just as cute (though either still pregnant in the premiere episode or needs to lose some baby pounds) and her voice is just as high. Her enthusiasm, though, is contagious and I liked the way she worked with the homeowners. Fairly good show...am taping the rest which are showing the remainder of the week in the same 4e/3c timeslot.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I, too, thought that Dan's room looked junky and crowded. I really can't see a baby growing up in all of that.

Kathy's office would look much more delicious and rich with larger tables and accents.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I thought Antonio missed the boat by not putting 3 very comfortable chairs at the fireplace with a substantial coffee table anchored by a lush rug to warm the space. He designed the space for 3 employees afterall. He is all about the structure and misses on the other elements. I don't care for his style but they are looking to add a very different show to their roster so I think he has this in the bag.

Dan. His nursery left me scratching my head. There were some fabulous elements but there was way too much going on. The beige curtains against the green wall did not work for me at all. And the addded fabric, looked out of place in this busy room.

Lonnie. I loved that room. I think the judges were grateful that the uninstalled headboard gave them a reason to eliminate her since all three are excellent designers and the decision was difficult. Criticizing her accent wall as something she had done before seemed odd to me. The other two rooms had accent walls, as well; most rooms do.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3692956;
    Does anyone think Dan is too similar to David Bromstead??
    Actually, I was just thinking about that Bearcata... Dan seems like a second rate David to me: Similar look as David (but not as cute), did some paintings for the wall like David (but not as good).
    Don't get me wrong, I like Dan quite a bit, but do we really need a David clone?

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3693954;
    I thought Antonio missed the boat by not putting 3 very comfortable chairs at the fireplace with a substantial coffee table anchored by a lush rug to warm the space. He designed the space for 3 employees afterall.
    I totally agree. I think a nice lounge area for the employees to sit together comfortably and discuss things would have been great. However, I think he really needed FOUR lounge chairs there, so that Kathy could join in on the meeting/discussion also.
    The other thing that I would have changed would have been more closed storage. Most of the storage for the desks was open storage, and that tends to get messy looking.
    LOVED the USA map idea. Very cool. Antonio really lucked out that he knew of a great custom place that did excellent work... someone who did not know the area would not have been able to do that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm also not a fan of work desks facing the wall. That's more what you do with kids' desks in their rooms. I loved the map, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3693781;
    I, too, thought that Dan's room looked junky and crowded.

While I don't agree that it was "junky", I do agree (as I have already said) that it was too crowded.

HOWEVER . . . anytime a room serves multiple purposes, especially when those purposes involve furniture designed to be used when humans are horizontal, that's bound to happen. Now, had it been a room for meditation and yoga, it would have been sparse by comparison.

I am sure there are worse dual-purpose rooms, but a guest room/nursery would definitely be on my top five list of bad ideas.

Do the parents barge in on the guests when the baby starts crying? Perhaps they allow their relatives to do those chores for them.

Maybe that's the plan. A good way to keep relatives from overstaying their welcome!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I was disappointed that Lonnie was eliminated. I agree with shoepie that the judges were grateful for the problem with the headboard so they could eliminate her. I thought her room was great. Her and Dan should've been in the finals. Dan's walls and painting were gorgeous. I liked how he hung the painting too--so perfect for that room. I thought Antonio's room was okay, but nothing special. I liked the map, but it didn't make up for what he missed. It seems like they kept him because his style is so different from Dan's. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do in the finale.

I did not get Dan's multiple boat hulls . . . Didn't really care for the desks in Antonio's room, but I have been a fan of his since he did the kid's room. Lonnie - her hosting style (if you can call it that) puts me to sleep. She has no personality whatsoever! And the focal wall, besides not being her own idea, was also ugly. There - I said it! And I mean it!
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast