+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 8/23 Show Discussion Thread (Episode 6)

Re: 8/23 Show Discussion Thread (Episode 6)

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3680585;
    That's all well and good if you live in So Cal.

Currently, it's in the low 90's here, with 52% humidity, which makes it feel more like 96 degrees.

National Weather Service - NWS Los Angeles/Oxnard

No breeze worth noting, but that should change in a day or two when Hurricane Danny comes close to the coast.

If those "couches and paintings" aren't bolted to concrete, you may find them somewhere in North Dakota instead of North Carolina!
    David designs in the SF Bay area and the biggest threat to outdoor spaces would be wind, rain and fire...not to mention earthquakes. I've never understood why designers place curtains around a porch or pergola. Even weather resistant materials still get dirty. If they don't move in the chair and couch cushions from a fire pit area during a rainstorm, they could get soaked and we probably all know what it is like to sit on a wet cushion. Ewwww.

I'm not a fan of the indoor to the outdoor concept. Besides wind and rain you also have to cope with bugs and flying thingys. It is very difficult to have a nice meal outside without bees or flies ruining the experience. Perhaps people could just expand out to a nice covered and screened in porch if they want to feel the breeze through their hair without swatting at bees.

Wow...didn't realize I felt so strongly about this. I do enjoy the outrageous landscape shows, but, other than the swimming pool and spa, couldn't see myself enjoying the spaces they create.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3676555;
    Awful rooms. Jason needed to go if for no other reason than he says "functionable."
    LOL! I am all in favor of taking made up words into account in the elimination process.

Lousy rooms this week. The two men who did the dining room in the first episode have promise but designing a kids room is not a great place to showcase this talent. I would be in favor of eliminating kids rooms and kitchens from the roster. They are boring to watch and a good kitchen redo cannot be done with their budget and time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3681701;
    David designs in the SF Bay area and the biggest threat to outdoor spaces would be wind, rain and fire...not to mention earthquakes. I've never understood why designers place curtains around a porch or pergola. Even weather resistant materials still get dirty. If they don't move in the chair and couch cushions from a fire pit area during a rainstorm, they could get soaked and we probably all know what it is like to sit on a wet cushion. Ewwww.

I'm not a fan of the indoor to the outdoor concept. Besides wind and rain you also have to cope with bugs and flying thingys. It is very difficult to have a nice meal outside without bees or flies ruining the experience. Perhaps people could just expand out to a nice covered and screened in porch if they want to feel the breeze through their hair without swatting at bees.

Wow...didn't realize I felt so strongly about this. I do enjoy the outrageous landscape shows, but, other than the swimming pool and spa, couldn't see myself enjoying the spaces they create.
    I agree. I don't like eating outside b/c of bugs. Unless the porch is screened in I will stay inside to eat. Also, if we want to use our back covered porch (that isn't screened in) then I have to clean it every time. The outside elements just doesn't keep it the cleanest to eat on, around, in......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345