+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 8/23 Show Discussion Thread (Episode 6)

Who is John Galt?

Re: 8/23 Show Discussion Thread (Episode 6)

I hope your wrong. Dan is my favorite (of course I may be just shallow because he is so cute). But, I also think he is very multi-talented - he can do both - architecture and interior design. Even if he doesn't win the show, he is very young and has a great career ahead of him.

I hope I am wrong too.

Has the designers ever had to do landscaping before as a challenge?

No. David said in his Vlog that they are mixing it up this year and bringing in new challenges. And then, it is California where backyards always seem to need a makeover.

I'm concerned about Dan as well. It looks like Antonio is going to be complaining about doing all work and Dan blows it on the budget (probably that gazebo mention from the previews, not the commercials.) Tori is sitting in the green room saying she is not going to take responsibility for any of that. The only one not shown in the fight is Lonnie. The fight must have started during judging because it looks like Candice scolds them...anyway...aching tired, sweaty designers with frayed nerves should make for a dramatic show this next week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I don't think they should have to design a yard. Doesn't the title interior designer somewhat indicate what their skill set should be. They aren't landscapers. Especially considering that they often don't have enough time to properly do an interior room.

I didn't love any of the rooms. In the end I did think Lonni should win, but really didn't think any of them really should. The pink princess room shouldn't have been hard to do at all - even with the handicap of the carpenter, which he was handicapped and they should have given him more time. In the real world things can happen, but hopefully in the real world he hires someone he knows he can trust as opposed to a carpenter someone else hired for him. Having said that I don't know that it would have helped his 'design' any. Tori's idea of the backlit letters was fairly good until she stapled that messy fabric on the wall. The eco-room was a good concept but fell apart in the part of the execution. The colors weren't horrible, but he didn't choose one for the main color. I didn't personally love the dinosaurs but overall I thought for a 5 year old the room was good. He'll have several years before he gets tired of it. We did a playful garden room for my daughter when she was 5 and it lasted 5 years before she was tired of it and wanted something new.

Is this season the least talented of them all? Or perhaps it's that these particular designers don't think well on the fly and this show isn't suited for them.

I asked about them doing landscaping before as a challenge b/c I couldn't remember. And I also think they should stick with interior designs. I bet most of them haven't had much experience in landscape. It will be intersting but I'm afraid of Dan being cancelled. I think there is always more to it than we are shown and even what the judges are privy to.

Where does it say that this show is only about interior design? I'll have to go peek.

Most design shows these days have shown outdoor decorating, especially as it demonstrates the current trend to move the indoors out. David just recently did a gorgeous outdoor patio area that encompassed couches, paintings, and landscaping. Loved it. Genevieve has designed outdoor spaces. Vern has designed outdoor spaces. And I believe Candice has as well... but she's my wild card as I don't quite remember.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3680257;
    Where does it say that this show is only about interior design? I'll have to go peek.

Most design shows these days have shown outdoor decorating, especially as it demonstrates the current trend to move the indoors out. David just recently did a gorgeous outdoor patio area that encompassed couches, paintings, and landscaping. Loved it. Genevieve has designed outdoor spaces. Vern has designed outdoor spaces. And I believe Candice has as well... but she's my wild card as I don't quite remember.
    Yeah, obviously these people aren't my neighbors in North Dakota!

I'm not sure how I feel about this landscaping challenge either. I guess it all depends on what HGTV wants for their new show.

Oh I know it's become more popular these days. I would love to have someone do my front and back yard but I still don't know how I feel about it being a challenge. But as vanillalatte says it depends on what HGTV wants for their new show. Didn't think of it that way.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3680257;

That's all well and good if you live in So Cal.

Currently, it's in the low 90's here, with 52% humidity, which makes it feel more like 96 degrees.

National Weather Service - NWS Los Angeles/Oxnard

No breeze worth noting, but that should change in a day or two when Hurricane Danny comes close to the coast.

If those "couches and paintings" aren't bolted to concrete, you may find them somewhere in North Dakota instead of North Carolina!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Umm, it's currently 102 here with humidity of 14% and the high today was 112. Not really conducive to outdoor lounging unless you're in a pool.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast