+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5th episode - August 16, 2009

5th episode - August 16, 2009

Well, its lets make a mess in a military family's house day. Seriously, does HGTV have to come in with a fix it up crew on every episode cause I really can't see the jobs being done well and correctly in such a short period of time.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: 5th episode - August 16, 2009

Yeah, and this promises to disappoint....oh boy, I think they are both pretty awful looking, just not enough time or help to do anything all that great. I'm sort of embarrassed that it's for a military family ~they deserve something nicer.
    Last edited by Tobi; 08-16-2009 at 10:45 PM.

I am so proud of myself, I had a feeling Nathan would go, especially for taking that long to build that horrific entertainment center and for doing so poorly last week. I had hoped that the judges would have done a double elimination and gotten rid of Nathan and Jason. Oh, us poor viewers, please put us out of our misery.

I would have had a major problem with the colors Antonio chose. I do not like blue. I prefer the taupes and I am not color challenge like he thinks. Not everyone wants a lot of color in their home. If I tell a designer/painter what colors I want then those are the colors I expect.
    There's no place like home!

Man, I thought Tasheka has poor time management problems. These people are the worst. First of all Nathan, you spent that much time on a two piece entertainment center. I didn't see the entertainment part, only two big oval shapes. I didn't like the blue stripes on the wall, nor the curtains hung with screws. I didn't get the hear the homeowner's comment, so can someone tell me the she liked what they did?

House #2, I love blue, but not that much. Antonio gets on my nerves. He's a set designer not an interior designers. So much for team player. The house turned out great.

FORT Fanatic

The home owners were disappointed the curtains could not be pulled closed. As the woman pointed out, they don't have any privacy!

I wonder if Antonio will get kicked out? He doesn't seem to play well with others.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3664632;
    The home owners were disappointed the curtains could not be pulled closed. As the woman pointed out, they don't have any privacy!

I wonder if Antonio will get kicked out? He doesn't seem to play well with others.
    I hope that there is an HGTV clean up crew that will fix that problem.

I am sure they will, Bearcata. They finished that kitchen in the second episode.

I liked Antonio's color choice and agree with the entire wall beige thing bit I think he went about it the wrong way. It is like he is always used to getting his way and that's how it will be. He needs to figure out how to work with the other designers to get a desired effect. I didn't get out of the owner/designer discussion that she wanted beige walls....I took it as she liked that color. I liked that room much better, probably because it was actually finished.

Glad to see Nathan go. Jason needs to go next. His martyr act was uncalled for. He acted like he had to do it all while the others did absolutely nothing. That Chevron pattern on the wall took a while. I thought she did a good job, although I wouldn't want it in my house.

What I really want to know is are they going to have to change it back when they move? I though the military was strict on how the houses have to look, wall color and all.

IMO, the right team lost and the right person was let go last night. The cabinet took too long to make (they could have purchased one in less than an hour), the shopper made some very poor choices, and I hated the chevron pattern on the wall.

I didn't like the baby blue wall color in the house that "won". Thank goodness another shade of blue was included and that the room was warmed up with the accessories. That said, the concept was wonderful although a tad non kid friendly (they should have rounded the corners of the table/desk).

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I really hope the HGTV fix-it team cleaned up the Maldonado room design - it was a thrown together mess without any cohesive design at all. The military probably has their own fix-it team come in between occupants and will paint everything white and strip out the built ins. Though I wonder if they will leave the floors...that would be nice for the next families.

Sweet Nathan...I knew he was going since he was the one with the PI at the very beginning regarding being in the bottom two last week. He was trying too hard to impress the judges by designing a modern (minimalist) entertainment center. It may have taken longer because he only had a hand held saw instead of a table rip saw available, but still. He is an interesting artist and has a design eye for modern interpretation, but he is not a Design Star.

Nathan's teammates didn't do any better though with their own choices - particularly Jason...but, Lonnie also spent way too much time on the wall treatment. It was interesting and a sort of 3-D effect on TV. The three weakest in one team made me wish they could have dismissed the whole team, shortened the season and let us get on with it. Maybe Lonnie will pull a rabbit out of a hat next week...Jason has to go.

Ahhh, then there is Team Alpha. Other than Antonio's spoiled brat routine bringing the drama, this team worked well on coordinating their design choices and their builds were beautiful and well executed. Of course with two builders on the team it would have been shocking if they weren't. I love that when Tori went shopping she sought out the beige and brown accents which went very well the the light blue walls. I could see any of these three with a show - even brash Antonio. The one positive thing one can say about him is that he has personality.

One other comment - the judging this year is rough - lots of criticism and not many kudos. I realize it makes for more dramatic TV to edit it that way, but wow. And yet, good for them. Sometimes overinflated egos need to be deflated a bit.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast