+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5th episode - August 16, 2009

Re: 5th episode - August 16, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3664672;
    I am sure they will, Bearcata. They finished that kitchen in the second episode.

What I really want to know is are they going to have to change it back when they move? I though the military was strict on how the houses have to look, wall color and all.

I was wondering the same thing. Especially the hardwood floors. HGTV must have gotten permission for the changes.

I really liked team Alpha room. I would have liked to see Antonio do the shopping b/c he has yet to showcase accessorizing but I am glad that Tori did it. I'm afraid it may have not turned out well if she didn't. Guess we'll never know. I love color but the older I get the more toned down I like it. I do think think this team is the final three.

Next week should be intersting...

I wanted the person responsible for poorly nailing (or did he use long screws) curtains to go (Jason, right? He reminds me of a neighbor's hubby so I can never remember his name). He didn't even bother to close off that part so you couldn't see the unfinished part. At least use thick wire or somethingand have them be able to close. You could have put the wire in the underside and hide it. And I was surprised with how long it took to do that entertainment cabinet. Didn't like the pattern on the wall either, but I'm glad the family liked it.

Not sure how it is for other branches of the military but I do know that in the Air Force the family is responsible for repainting the walls in base housing. We live near an Air Force base and know alot of military families. They also have to fill in holes in the walls from pictures, etc being hung. The hardwood floors should not be a problem though. I do know that the walls have to be painted white when moving. There are people that can come in and do the job for the family, however, the family has to pay to have that done. Sometimes it comes out cheaper to pay someone than for the family to do it themselves.

I love that Tori is one of the frontrunners of this season when she was one of three people that the others voted for to enter into the competition. I would have thought that the original 10 would have been the best of the best, but now I'm thinking that the 3 "semi-finalists" were actually stronger. It makes me think that Gary and Alissa (the other two) should have been part of the original 10.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3666146;
    I love that Tori is one of the frontrunners of this season when she was one of three people that the others voted for to enter into the competition. I would have thought that the original 10 would have been the best of the best, but now I'm thinking that the 3 "semi-finalists" were actually stronger. It makes me think that Gary and Alissa (the other two) should have been part of the original 10.
    I was wondering that also. Why did they not make the original cut and yet a couple of really weak designers were signed? I don't remember if we saw the auditions like we did for season two - unless they were online and I don't visit there very much. Anyway there is a strong final three and it will be interesting to see the individual challenges with kids' rooms next week. And as a bonus, David Bromstad is a guest visitor. I love his show...it has been such a pleasure to watch him and his crew as they developed as a family over the past three years.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I taped the show last night. Then, I went to watch it and realized I had taped the wrong channel.

I figured Nathan was going to be leaving. No surprise there.
    Does anyone know when HGTV re-runs this episode? They seem to re-run every other show, but the ones, like this, that I want to watch, never seem to be re-run.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 08-18-2009 at 12:48 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

The definitely rerun it. I think I've seen it on Friday nights and maybe on Saturday afternoon. I cant be more specific than that, because I never pay much attention, having already seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3666314;
    I taped the show last night. Then, I went to watch it and realized I had taped the wrong channel.

I figured Nathan was going to be leaving. No surprise there.
    Does anyone know when HGTV re-runs this episode? They seem to re-run every other show, but the ones, like this, that I want to watch, never seem to be re-run.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Okay good. 'Cause I missed the 10 'o clock airing (I was getting back from a weekend trip) and tried to watch the 2 'o clock one. But I dozed off after I made it halfway.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3666239;
    I was wondering that also. Why did they not make the original cut and yet a couple of really weak designers were signed? I don't remember if we saw the auditions like we did for season two - unless they were online and I don't visit there very much. Anyway there is a strong final three and it will be interesting to see the individual challenges with kids' rooms next week. And as a bonus, David Bromstad is a guest visitor. I love his show...it has been such a pleasure to watch him and his crew as they developed as a family over the past three years.
    I thought the whole vote-in twist was stupid anyway. I really hope the two of them get another chance at making the show, because bringing them on as a "semi-finalist" and having other people vote you in is ridiculous. Especially with the original 10 being so weak.

I mean, I don't know what the casting crew was thinking. Maybe they thought watching weaker competitiors would be interesting, but it really isn't. I mean, NataLee's break down was kind of intense, and seeing Tashika bumble her way through brought somewhat of a storyline, but that's it. I've been bored to tears with these guys, both with talent and with drama. So much, that it took me a while to find a favorite. And I'm only rooting for Tori because I totally love how she was brought in as the "11th contestant" and is more talented than a lot of the other ones.

The only reason I still watch is because I liked the premiere and ended up watching S1 and S2 online and enjoyed them. Now I'm just hoping that this season will have a late start, and things will get more watchable.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 08-18-2009 at 01:11 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

From the HGTV site, repeats will air on:

August 21, 2009 11:00 PM e/p

August 22, 2009 3:00 AM e/p (on the site this one is listed as Aug. 21st, but I think that is an error, since they listed last night's show as airing at 10 pm and again at 2 a.m. on 8/16 which makes no sense! They wouldn't show the new show at 2 a.m. and then again at 10 p.m., right? I think they meant 2 a.m. on Aug. 17th rather that the 16th)

August 23, 2009 5:00 PM e/p

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast