+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4th Episode? August 9

4th Episode? August 9

I'm going to try this since I don't see a thread for tonight

I'm thinking Lonni and Jason go this week. Or Lonni and someone, but definitely Lonni. I think Tashica survives for a couple more weeks.
    Last edited by Tobi; 08-09-2009 at 11:35 PM.

Re: 4th Episode? August 9

That's right. It is Sunday! It won't be on for a little more than 2 hours where I live. I think Lonni, Tashika or Jason goes. My favs so far are Dan (I live in Vancouver, in the Portland metro area, gotta root for the home boy!!) and Nathan.

Whew! I'm a little surprised but not really with the double elimination. I don't think these two will be missed too much, I'm shocked that Lonni stays. I don't want to say who has gone because you aren't going to see it for two more hours. It was a little surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3652365;
    Whew! I'm a little surprised but not really with the double elimination. I don't think these two will be missed too much, I'm shocked that Lonni stays. I don't want to say who has gone because you aren't going to see it for two more hours. It was a little surprising.
    Feel free to dish! 10 p.m. is an iffy time for me to be able to watch. And I'll enjoy it no matter what.

PLease - if anybody does decide to dish, put it in spoilers. I don't want to get tempted.
    Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Not surprised that Tacheka was sent packing, it was overdue. However, it totally caught me off guard how dismissive Vern was during the judging panel. He asked her a question and as she was responding, he turned and started whispering to the other judges. Whether you like her or not, it was a rude gesture.

Ahh.. but I thought she did a lot of provoking to get that response from him. They were just so very tired of her. But as she said.. she's the first person to get sent packing before the judges even deliberated. Too darned annoying.

I was surprised at how annoyed they were with Nathan, but very glad that he's around for at least another week.

I like what they did with both garages and thought they were both successful in their execution, for the most part. I agree with leaving the wainscotting white. This might have been a good chance to take that higher and put a nice shelf molding at the top to support artwork.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Just for norealityhere, I did stuff in spoiler tags to hide the sex of those who went home, just in case.

Just finished watching it. I knew as soon as Vern leaned over to Candice that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    she
    was history. And then Vern motioned to Gen. And the confused look on Clive's face? Vern just seemed cranky and fed up. Which I agree with. He asked
    Click to see Spoiler:
    her
    to clearly state her design contribution.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Tashika
    rambled. TWO fellow designers disagreed with
    Click to see Spoiler:
    her
    . And the other designers in the green room seemed glad this designer was gone.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Tashika
    team made 100 percent the wrong decision in not doing a new garage door since that was a big deal for the home owners. I wish they would have said how much THEY spent, since they did ask that question as to the other team. And they were right, a platform in a garage is not a good idea if the ceiling truly is lower. My garage has a nice ceiling hight, so that would have worked for us.

And as for
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jany
    . I always forget
    Click to see Spoiler:
    she
    was there. They were right on the designs seeming
    Click to see Spoiler:
    textbook
    . That's not necessarily bad in the real world, as people like comfortable, but that doesn't make for "must see" TV.

Very interesting way to process an elimination tonight. Once again there was not enough time to thoroughly think through the designs; and the "Spanish" team rushed and really fell short. Of course, the "Hamptons" team did the same with the crated elliptical machine - but at least they had a nice garage door installed. I'm just very disappointed with both designs. Both were too rushed and too short of cash to do a proper job. I wonder if the HGTV Fix-It team had a new garage door installed for the Langs?

I saw the foretelling of Tasica leaving from her edit, but I didn't see the Jany exit until the slap on the wrist during judging. Once again, Nathan seemed to be unfocused in some strange way...like other than choosing the paint, then painting the walls and the kindergarten type mural, he was short on contribution.

Previews fulfill Vern's wish for next week.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Antonio and Dan are on the same team with Tori. All three are strong designers, but there will be two alpha males butting heads. It doesn't look happy. Once again Nathan is stressing and scrambling and calling on Lonnie for Plan C. With Jason, the three designers currently on the cusp of elimination will be working together. Yikes.

I just want to see Dan advance. For me a good finale would be Dan vs. Tori. Two different design aesthetics would compete for judges' favor. With the judges' deciding the winner this year, that last challenge will be nerve wracking, indeed.

ETA: I found a behind the scenes you tube video when I read the HGTV Twitters tonight. It is called:

D Star BTS Big Scary Antonio. Producers commenting while watching Antonio starting on the flooring for the garage challenge. Very Funny.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 08-10-2009 at 04:09 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think I finally found a favorite! For some reason, I found myself rooting for Tori this episode. So yeah, I'm rooting for her. I don't really know how she would do as a host though. She has a country accent, and usually country accents are fun and exciting (well, at least they are in my mind). But her voice comes off as monotone.

Dan's pretty boring also. And his face doesn't really show emotion. I think he's making it very far, but as for him hosting his own show, I'm not sure.

Antonio could totally win. Maybe HGTV would want someone with a different look having their own show. And the judges seem to like him.

Tashika's elimination was a long time coming, but at least it brought some sort of storyline into the show, how everyone hated her because she was so weak. And Jany who? I wasn't surprised, her elimination was coming soon.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast