+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Third episode - 8/03/09

Third episode - 8/03/09

I agreed with the top three. What is up with Taschica's Garden of Eden theme. That was a big stretch, what was Garden of Eden about it except for the color green. The rest of the rooms were kinda sad.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Third episode - 8/03/09

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3633490;
    I agreed with the top three. What is up with Taschica's Garden of Eden theme. That was a big stretch, what was Garden of Eden about it except for the color green. The rest of the rooms were kinda sad.
    I agreed with the top three, too.

I don't get Tashica. I ctually thought her room was relatively cool looking, but the table on the wall idea was definitely derivative, And why is she so sloppy? How hard is it to paint a straight line?

Edited to add:

I thought it was nice of Antonio and Tori to help that other person whose name I have forgotten. I was a bit thrown by how dumb Antonio's room was. He had all of these wonderful brightly colored things, and the watermelon flower arrangements that he didn't put in the room were way cooler than what he used. He really painted himself into a corner with those graphic walls. They made it so all of his other ideas felt like too much, and he totally screwed it up.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I liked this episode. I really liked some of the rooms, especially the top 3's. And I can finally see some personality coming out of these folks.

I still don't have a favorite though, and it's a little frustrating not rooting for anyone.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3633593;

I don't get Tashica. I ctually thought her room was relatively cool looking, but the table on the wall idea was definitely derivative, And why is she so sloppy? How hard is it to paint a straight line?

Edited to add:

I thought it was nice of Antonio and Tori to help that other person whose name I have forgotten. I was a bit thrown by how dumb Antonio's room was. He had all of these wonderful brightly colored things, and the watermelon flower arrangements that he didn't put in the room were way cooler than what he used. He really painted himself into a corner with those graphic walls. They made it so all of his other ideas felt like too much, and he totally screwed it up.
    Yeah, those watermelons with the tulips would have been way cool in the planter box and the green wheel barrow. It's like he went way bold with the paint and then chickened out.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kao

I'm glad the lady with the fake Kanji was the one picked to leave; that's a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

The top three rooms were nice (with the guy who used the firewood on the walls and as tablelegs WAY in front of the pack) but a lot of what was left over was...kinda ugly. I can't believe Tashica tried to copy Rob's table element, and what was even worse was she didn't even do it WELL. It had enough changes to make it unique, but the execution was really, really lazy. Honestly, how hard is it to make sure your tape lines are straight and your paint job itself is seriously sloppy?

I agree with the top 3 also. I think Dan is way ahead in terms of creativity, execution, color, all of it!! But the other top two did great too. I did like the black walls with the milk as stripes.. very creative.

I agree with the bottom 3 but still think Tashica should have went last week and still think her time is up soon. I didn't like the bottom 3 rooms at all.

Hopefully we'll see more out of the "middle" 3 soon otherwise I think our forerunners at the top 3 from this episode.

OH yeah... I liked how Antonio and Tori to help out Lonni. I have been really surprised by Tori so far. For someone who has staff to do all the "grunt" work for her... she really has shown she can do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3633593;

Edited to add:
    To be fair, she wasn't the only one that was sloppy. The guy with the wheat color room, those squares on the wall were not even and the camera showed it, but the judges didn't commit about it. Tashica room wasn't bad and I kind of like the sofa. I just think she is way over her head, as well as the girl that got sent home, and the wheat color room guy.

I was blown away by Tori's room, now that was cool. Just to think of doing that was really great. When I saw those napkins done like that I thought that maybe she had some float making experience in her past, like a Mardi Gras float or something. lol. That was really great just the whole way she brought the rest of the room together as well. Dan is so creative and his use of materials, color, space was impressive and just the way that he executed it was really professional and finished. It looked great. Nathan's room was also very creative in a more minimal sort of way. He didn't do as much as the other top two but it was really imaginative. Kudos to the top three!

I was thinking that Lonni could have smashed up those glasses to do something similar with them and it would have been just as neat, sort of like a stained glass thing with broken up glasses and then they wouldn't have been so heavy and would have stayed on the wall easier. Even without that the room looked pretty nice for a last minute do.

Next week when Vern says that comment about I'm really wondering why we are continuing to keep you every week, that is brutal and I wonder who he is speaking of. You know some of these comments are a little too mean. I think they forget that they were once on the other side and design is highly subjective. It's a fun show to watch and I like these contestants better than the other seasons, they all seem like extremely nice people with a lot of talent. Sometimes people just need more time but are still great designers. It's hard to design on the spot like they are having to do. But I guess that is what is important if you had your own show and had to do something fantastic every week on short notice. I don't really think (last season's winner) the show Miles of Style is very good, I normally hate the finished rooms. I wish they would give her more money because the rooms look so tacky and contrived from whatever you could find and overdone with too much tacky stuff and cheap fabrics and not enough of them at that to get the fullness in them. Sorry to ramble...
    Last edited by Tobi; 08-03-2009 at 09:47 AM.

My favorite was the guy that did the milk wall and the orange chandlier was awesome. The apple room was nice, but I thought I've seen it before on another designer reality TV show called, Wickly Perfect on CBS. I love the Houston's girl party room, that was amazing how she did the flooring. I felt really bad for the cup lady, but Candice said, you got to have a plan B when plan A fails. I thought she was psyco when she was talking to herself in the bathroom.

Great show, but I think Tachina or guy that created the boring wheat color room will be next to go with Ana trailing behind because she keeps playing it safe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast