+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Third episode - 8/03/09

Re: Third episode - 8/03/09

Am I the only person finding the show pretty boring this season?
    I've enjoyed the past seasons, but this one seems to be lacking for me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

I don't think she pulled off the "Oh really? It does seem like I remember that now!" act!
    I completely agree. If I - neither a decorator nor a designer & merely an occasional watcher of the show - immediately recalled that technique shown in a previous white room challenge, IMHO it's reasonable that she - a designer with aspirations to appear on the show who has undoubtedly seen & possibly even studied previous episodes - was aware of & purposely borrowed the design! Did she think the judges &/or her fellow contestants wouldn't notice her lack of creativity & blantant reproduction? Of course, perhaps she was counting on the poor paint job (yet again) to distract them from her borrowed room design!

This is my first season watching it and I have been kind of bored. I decided that if it wasn't any better on Sunday night that I would be done with it. I liked it better than the other episodes, so I'll try it one more time. It's nice to know that others have also been bored with it.

That said, I really like Dan's and Torie's rooms. Personally, I liked Torie's room better than Dan's, but thought both were well done.

FORT Regular

I think that Dan is the most talented designer and unless he gets hooked up with one of the untalented ones, he should win. I liked both of his rooms (kitchens were both a real mess, so I'm just deleting them from the equation. My favourite design style is mid century (50's) and no one is doing that but, I could live in Dan's rooms.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3636435;
    Am I the only person finding the show pretty boring this season?
    I've enjoyed the past seasons, but this one seems to be lacking for me.
    I don't think I've ever seen a full season (can never seem to track the right date/time), but what I've seen so far is of a much lower caliber than what I've seen in the past.

Yikes. These guys and gals are pretty lame. I wonder if the pool of good and available contestants dried up? But that wouldn't make sense in this economy. I wonder how something like this happens?

Maybe a summer intern did the casting....

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3638937;
    I don't think I've ever seen a full season (can never seem to track the right date/time), but what I've seen so far is of a much lower caliber than what I've seen in the past.

Yikes. These guys and gals are pretty lame. I wonder if the pool of good and available contestants dried up? But that wouldn't make sense in this economy. I wonder how something like this happens?

Maybe a summer intern did the casting....
    Maybe that's what it is. I don't know.
    I am going to give it 1 more week. If it doesn't improve by then, I will switch to Mad Men - which starts on 8/16. Well, it's a no-brainer that I'll switch to Mad Men, anyway, but if DS doesn't get better, I may not even bother to tape it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

That's interesting because I like this season the best so far. I have watched all of them and find this one to have the nicest people with so much talent. I'm really enjoying the show. I don't like it when there is a really mean person, or obnoxious person on just for drama. I think maybe one of the reasons that they sent home the color girl this week was because she didn't seem to have much personality for a show. She didn't smile that much and when they were showing them riding in the van she looked so unhappy and was sitting as close to the door as she could get. The other van everyone was eager and happy expectant as they were entering Paramount Studios but she looked miserable. I think maybe there is more to the eliminations than just the finished product. Personality will count for a lot I'm thinking. It's a fun show can't wait till next time.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

New Commercial Spoiler for week 4:

Click to see Spoiler:
    For the garage makeovers they split into two teams - 2 men and 2 women per team. One team places Dan and Nathan together along with Lonnie and (gasp!) Tashica. The other then has Antonio, Jason, Tori and Jany Lee. It looks like each team gets a "builder" and proven "white wall designer", while team one has the bottom two - Lonnie and Tashica. Going to be interesting.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3640791;
    New Commercial Spoiler for week 4:

Click to see Spoiler:
    For the garage makeovers they split into two teams - 2 men and 2 women per team. One team places Dan and Nathan together along with Lonnie and (gasp!) Tashica. The other then has Antonio, Jason, Tori and Jany Lee. It looks like each team gets a "builder" and proven "white wall designer", while team one has the bottom two - Lonnie and Tashica. Going to be interesting.
    Oh wow.... this will be intersting..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234