+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Third episode - 8/03/09

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Third episode - 8/03/09

Any crafty person would know that those plastic cups would not stay on the wall. Was she using a glue gun, or just trying to let the wet paint do the adhering? Also, since the plastic cups have a concave bottom, using nails would have broken the plastic and gone through the cups. She could have either used a screw gun with some sort of washer and not screwed them too tight against the wall, or glue gunned them onto something else, not wet paint, and hung it on the wall.......ok, I'm putting way too much thought into this....

FORT Newbie

I think Tashica is a diamond in the rough - lots of personality and decorating skills, but she doesn't have enough experience in project management yet to go very far in this competition. I don't think experienced decorators would ever allow paint smears to be seen and would skip doing something else in the room in order to fix that. The couch, however, was great! Maybe in a few years ...

FORT Regular

Granted the eliminated contestant's room lacked a cohesive design plan, but at least it was a product of her own creativity! Tashica has consistently proven from the onset that, although personable with a positive attitude, she's incapable of completing basic tasks; she lacks time management skills; she isn't a team player; etc., but IMHO this week's blantant reproduction of a previous Design Star idea is inexcusable & should've resulted in an instant dismissal.

I loved the apple room. And the milk drizzle room was very creative, too.
    I like Tashica's personality a lot. I just think she may be too much of a novice, though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

There is a new commercial that states there will be a DOUBLE ELIMINATION this next week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Dan and Nathan were my favorites after the first episode and that was made more evident last night. Loved both of there spaces. Dan's was very masculine, a place where you could do some uninterrupted thinking. Nathan's was quirky, but very creative.

Loved the design Antonio made with the blue paint that seemed to leap out of the room, but other than that, it was a dud.

Totally agree with the judges on who they chose to send home.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I agreed with the top three. The boys' rooms were my favorite (loved Dan's ... way to go Oregon!), and I admired the work and creativity in the pink room (although I personally didn't like it). I think one reason why Antonio stayed was that he helped in the end. So far, Dan's my front-runner.

The color expert definitely deserved to go home (although I cringed at the so-badly-painted-my-son-could-have-done-it room with the copycat table-as-art on the wall). That room was just horrible.

FORT Newbie

[I]but IMHO this week's blantant reproduction of a previous Design Star idea is inexcusable & should've resulted in an instant dismissal.[/I]

I agree *angela...and I don't think she pulled off the "Oh really? It does seem like I remember that now!" act!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3634989;
    There is a new commercial that states there will be a DOUBLE ELIMINATION this next week.
    Haven't seen the new commerical but haven't been home to watch TV at all since Sunday night... and won't be all week!!

Did they do double elimination last year? I don't recall....

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3633892;
    OH yeah... I liked how Antonio and Tori to help out Lonni. I have been really surprised by Tori so far. For someone who has staff to do all the "grunt" work for her... she really has shown she can do it too.
    I thought Lonnie was the one who had her own staff and paid people to do everything for her. She was the one who said she hadn't messed with wallpaper since college? And Tori is the one who designs custom homes.

I keep getting people mixed up. I finally figured out which is Lonni and which is Tori and then they showed somebody named Jenn and I was like "who is that?" Must be part of the middle pack because they keep getting lost.

The top three were good rooms but the milky walls grossed me out a little. All I could think about was the smell as that milk rotted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast