+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Second Episode - 7/26

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Second Episode - 7/26

Is anyone interested in this show?

I can't believe they kept Toshiba or whatever her name is.

This was the first time a kitchen was actually finished in this show.

Re: Second Episode - 7/26

I'm watching it.

I was surprised that they kept her, too, but the judges almost always dump the team leader when their project's a disaster. I'll bet Amy's not so happy now that there was a star in her paint can.

I had to agree with Candace that anyone who has ever watched Design Star and still tries to do tiles is nuts! And poor Dan! They were depending on him to do everything. He was basically the only person with muscles and the only one who knew how to do anything.

I'm currently rooting for Dan and Antonio (is that his name?), but I'll be interested to see what happens next week with the white room challenge.

On a totally different note....

For the life of me, I can't remember who the third judge was in the other seasons. There was Vern and Cynthia Rowley, and who else? Someone please help! It's driving me crazy!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Toshiba

So I was spending time watching previous seasons of this show, and I ended up watching S2 first. I don't know why, but the site is screwed up and has the S2 videos listed under "Season 1." So yeah, I watched those, and it was pretty amazing. I loved it actually. I'm not finished with it yet, as I stopped watching right before Clive brought out the winner from S1 during the Hawaii challenge. At that point, I finally realized that the site was screwed up and I was watching S2 instead, and I didn't want to spoil S1 for myself. So right now I'm watching S1 before finishing up S2.

But anyway, with that said, this season is kind of slow. I'm not rooting for anyone, when in S2, I had many favorites (Sparkle Josh--he's just such a character---, Todd, Kim, Christina, Neeraja--I just love her name ). This cast is kind of a dud, actually. I think Antonio was cast as the villain, but he hasn't done much. Lonni and Tori look a lot alike (I can tell them apart, but they still look way too much alike). Dan, Jany, Nathan, Jason, Jen, pretty much everyone are really boring. The only interesting person left is Tashika, and that's because she has managed to stick around twice. I think NataLee would have been amazing to watch, as a reality TV contestant. Seeing her breakdown in the first episode was actually pretty interesting.

I also hate how they always sack the team manager. It's like The Apprentice, where Donald always targetted the PM (project manager). Poor Amy.

Miss_Griss, it was a lady from InStyle. I was just watching the videos a couple days ago, and I can't even remember her name.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 07-27-2009 at 06:45 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3616333;
    For the life of me, I can't remember who the third judge was in the other seasons. There was Vern and Cynthia Rowley, and who else? Someone please help! It's driving me crazy!
    Martha McCully is her name.

I watched last night. I was waiting for a thread to start but it never happened. Guess I should have started it. Oh well.

I was shocked they sent Amy home. I think Toshiba should have went home but I think they kept her for different reasons. Amy's biggest mistake was in only selecting one guy to be on her team. I knew at that point that the team was going to "loose". I felt bad for Dan.

I don't have a favorite yet either. It's hard to pick at this point because they haven't done anything on their own to show me their style. Next week will show me what their style is and how they do on their own. It will be intersting.

I wasn't surprise they let Amy go. For one, she admitted out loud that she's never done kitchens before. Two, she spent most of the time being consoled, when she should have suck it in and rallied the troops. Three, she wasn't a good leader and I too would have picked Antonio first. I also think the judges wanted to give Tashena (sp) one more chance. I didn't think the kitchen was bad, just wasn't finish. I really didn't like the other kitchen, because it just had too much stuff going on with it. The different color light.....yuck! All the crap in the window.....Nope!!

I love this show, because I just love, love, love Candance and Vern. Not a fan of Gennevien (sp) still remembered when she put peat moth in the couples bedroom back on Trading Spaces...

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3616597;
    I wasn't surprise they let Amy go. For one, she admitted out loud that she's never done kitchens before. Two, she spent most of the time being consoled, when she should have suck it in and rallied the troops. Three, she wasn't a good leader and I too would have picked Antonio first. I also think the judges wanted to give Tashena (sp) one more chance. I didn't think the kitchen was bad, just wasn't finish. I really didn't like the other kitchen, because it just had too much stuff going on with it. The different color light.....yuck! All the crap in the window.....Nope!!

I love this show, because I just love, love, love Candance and Vern. Not a fan of Gennevien (sp) still remembered when she put peat moth in the couples bedroom back on Trading Spaces...
    After thinking about it you are right.

The other kichen wasn't my cup of tea. I like clean and non-cluttered looks. I think the unfinished kitchen would have been awsome if it was completed but I knew right away there was going to be a problem b/c of the team members....

I would prefer they give them another day so that there is time to do the job right and actually scrutinize the design rather than the workmanship. I don't consider installing granite countertops to be a DIY job - even HGTV designers have a crew to back them up for that kind of task. It would have been more interesting to see the finished, polished product for both teams.

If HGTV had installed a vinyl backsplash in my kitchen I'd be kind of ticked.

Oh yeah, and why was there a Buddha in a "Moroccan/Italian fusion"?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I am so glad someone else saw the buddha. I could not figure that one out. Personally I thought Tashika should have been cancelled. By the looks on the faces when she walked into the sitting room, the others thought she should have also.
    There's no place like home!

I wouldn't like the vinyl backsplash either. Kitchen's are hard and time consuming. They should give them more time. IRL... it takes a professional designer and installer at least a week to gut a kicthen and re-do it. It'd take me a week just to find the "right" accessories!!!!

All the designers were more than shocked when Tashika should up in that back room. I think "shocked" is an understatement. Like every other reality show.. how much were we shown.. it's only been a "week" and so many are reading to throw her under the bus... hum... makes you wonder about her off camera. But who knows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast