+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Episode: 7/19 Thoughts ...

First Episode: 7/19 Thoughts ...

I really like this show, but I hated the part where the 10 designers voted in the 11th. Unnecessary drama and cruel to the ones that didn't make it.

Love Genevieve and was stoked to see her as judge. I don't know the other lady, but was glad to see Vern back.

I liked the mural room, that was something I could never in a million years do. The pink geese above the fireplace in the dining room was different, but I'm not sure if in a good or bad way. The wallpaper scene was kinda funny, "Do you want to do it" over and over and then walking away when she continued. The master bedroom was horrible, regardless of the "vision" the execution was just that ... execution of a room. That poor room.

I'm looking forward to seeing this season unfold, right now I don't dislike anyone and that's a first!!

Re: First Episode: 7/19 Thoughts ...

OOps forgot to watch it. I can't remember if I set it to record or not.

My favorite room was the blue and brown even if the judges said they played it safe. I think the rooms should appeal to the normal person, and I don't know anyone that would want hot pink birds over their fireplace or the 3-wall mural. Maybe they do need to think outside of the box. My favorite HGTV show is Design on a Dime because they are creative, but still appeal to the average person.

I'd agree about the blue / brown room, as well.
    The Dining room was just over the top ugly, IMO.
    And the thought of pink geese in a living room would drive me to drink.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The Dining Room was a bit overwhelming with the mural that started on the wallsand continued down to the floor and then up the wall on the other side, but . . . . . I do like the way Dan and Nathan worked together. They are my early favorites.

The bedroom by Torie (who would NOT have been my choice as the 11th contestant) and Jany was the best of the three. It was at least comfortable. Who wants to sleep in a room with a cut up down comforter and drapes that are taped to the ceiling?!?! Or in a bedroom with all the warmth of a prison cell where animals watch your every move?!?!

The Living Room had it's good points. I liked the wall paper panels, but would have had to smack Anthony upside the head with a 2x4 if he had said "do you wanna do it" just one more time. And for the record, I do NOT want pink ducks above my fireplace (or anywhere else, thank you!)

The correct "team" was picked for elimination and it could have gone either way. For all I cared, they could have picked the loser by who had the most off-beat first name. NataLee would have lost anyway, simply for having an upper case letter where it doesn't belong!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I don't have a favorite yet or dislike anyone.

I think the master bedroom would have been awesome if they had finished it. I do think they made a mistake but going shopping together instead of one staying back and doing some painting..especially the floor. Evidently they rushed and didn't put the tape down tight enough and it probably wasn't competely dry when they pulled it up. Oh well.

I like the the bedroom that was "normal".

BTW.. mom2, the other judge is Candice Olsen.. if you have never seen any of her shows, it's a must! I love her work. These three judges are great and will bring a lot of different tastes and opinions to the show.

I am so looking forward to this season!!!!

I've never watched this show before. I don't even watch HGTV. But I decided to give it a try when there was nothing else on at 2 am in the morning.

But I was pleasantly surprised because I really enjoyed it. I could have done without the vote for the 11th castmember (she seems sweet, but that vote was just unneeded drama). It makes me feel bad for the other two who were so close yet so far to making the show. Now they probably have no chance at making the show for future seasons.

The B2 teams were interesting. Should the judges have sent home one of the two who had a huge room, had good ideas, but couldn't execute their ideas well at all? Or should they have sent home one of the two who had a smaller room, finished the room on time, but the end results sucked? I actually would have gone with the latter.

Now I want to go back and watch past seasons. I tried the official site, but some of their episodes from S1 aren't working.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Thank you mandmmom2, I will look for her. She seemed to know what she was talking about instead of playing the "better-than-you" attitude. And I liked Genevieve's statement that the winner would be their (forgot the actual word, coworker ... equal ... whatever).

I hope that the 2 who didn't get in get a free pass next time.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3593192;
    I've never watched this show before. I don't even watch HGTV. But I decided to give it a try when there was nothing else on at 2 am in the morning.

But I was pleasantly surprised because I really enjoyed it. I could have done without the vote for the 11th castmember (she seems sweet, but that vote was just unneeded drama). It makes me feel bad for the other two who were so close yet so far to making the show. Now they probably have no chance at making the show for future seasons.

The B2 teams were interesting. Should the judges have sent home one of the two who had a huge room, had good ideas, but couldn't execute their ideas well at all? Or should they have sent home one of the two who had a smaller room, finished the room on time, but the end results sucked? I actually would have gone with the latter.
    Now I want to go back and watch past seasons. I tried the official site, but some of their episodes from S1 aren't working.

I agree with you. I do think the other bottom team should have been on the "chopping block". I'm afraid they come to regret it later but we'll see.

I can't imagine being up at 2am!!! I have to get up at 4:30 am every morning!!!!!

I don't understand how they chose between the 2 designers in the bottom ... I know they probably edited out a lot of things at the judging, but they didn't explain much about who did what. Whoever did the duct tape on the ceiling probably fessed up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast