+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Episode: 7/19 Thoughts ...

Re: First Episode: 7/19 Thoughts ...

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3603766;
    I wonder if the judges liked the actual geese, or the fact that he put that punch of color in an otherwise monochromatic color scheme room.
    That's a very good point.
    I thought Vern was commenting on the use of color as opposed to the geese, themselves.
    I did not care for the geese at all. It just made me think of Hildy's over the top designs on Trading Spaces.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I agree. I think it was the use of color. I've never seen any of the three judges use animals, insects, etc in their design.

He he about Hildy. Wonder what the TS designers are going to do now that TS is off air.

I wonder if Vern was reminded of Hildi when he saw the pink geese ... lol! I wonder what happened to Frank and Hildi also.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3598828;
    I don't have much wine at home BUT to me it would tell me that she doesn't do things carefully and that she's always in a hurry.. what's that phrase... she's like a bullit in a china shop??? Not sure if that's the right way to say it.. sorry.. it's early and I haven't had all my coffee yet
    I believe the correct phrase is 'a bull in a china shop'. As in the animal charging around in a shop full of fine china.

I agree that if she's dropping all that wine it does mean she wasn't being careful enough of the clients' stuff. It looks like she's in too big of a hurry. It's not like accidents can't happen but this looks to me so far that she's just being careless. Which given the time constraints they put them under I can somewhat understand the hurry, but extremely breakable items are not the time to hurry, especially a special collection.

I think I will like the judges better this time. I've always like Genivieve as a person even if I haven't liked a lot of her designs. She seemed to have a good perspective on the show. I haven't watched very much Candice Olsen (sp?) but my MIL just loves her show. The few I've seen I like her taste and what she does. I was always a huge fan of Vern's so glad he's the one left. I will see if I like them better at the end of the season but for right now I like them more than the other.

I liked the dining room, but don't know if I'd want to live in it. The bedroom with duct tape drapes was too much. Why would they ever think at the store that cutting the comforter in half would be a good idea. It's doomed from the start. I wasn't a fan of the pink geese, but I didn't like the beige animals any better in the other room.

FORT Fogey

I love over the top designs on this show! David Bromberg is very successful on his show Color Splash and he presented some over the top designs to show the judges his talent. A designer will give the client what they want but here they can create room design as art for the fun of it! I loved the pink geese though I would not chose them for my own home.

The one room that does not entertain me is a kitchen; at least they are getting that out of the way. If they had a huge budget and could start from scratch, then it might be interesting but to work around what is alread there leaves me cold.

Candace Olsen is a great addition! She is one very talented woman. I like Genivieve too.

I thought the master bedroom was the best except that they didn't have time to finish it. concept and style were great, it's really too bad that they didn't have the manpower to finish it. why were there three people on that other small room that didn't do as much. I actually thought that was the worst room. I mean fake deer heads? Nothing in this room had any flow or relationship. Next butt ugly room was the dining room. What? this looks more like a paintball lobby. I hate the sauna looking boards in there also. What is that?
    I love Candace Olsen's show although sometimes I get tired of her overuse of can lights. No one ever uses that many in real life. They are harsh as room lighting and it makes so many holes in the ceiling. Anyway, sorry to those who don't watch her show but she is always putting in about 10 to 12 ceiling can lights or spots in every room she does, no matter what. She must have a contract with her electrician. It makes her rooms look like an art gallery and not a home, JMHO : ) But her concepts and execution are perfect.

What is her show??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3615553;
    What is her show??
    Divine Design....

I finally watched! Now it will take me two weeks to watch the latest, lol.

I loved the grayish bedroom, I thought it was really elegant and chocolate brown with light gray/blue is very in right now. However, I had to keep reminding myself that they are designing for tv and that it has to "pop". Which is why the room with the crazy mural and the hot pink geese were winners. They looked the best on tv, the hot pink was a great decision. I would NEVER want that in my room but it looked really good on tv and made your eyes notice the other splashes of bright color in that room.

I could not believe that two designers used duct tape and ripped sheets to make their bedroom. They should have both gone home and taken the duo that chose astro turf for a bedroom home with them. I felt sorry for the people who had to sleep in those rooms.

I have no favorites, I want to like the guy who made the choice to do the hot pink geese but he is way too arrogant for my tastes so I can't bring myself to root for him even if I do think he's talented. I think I may wind up liking the woman who owns her own design company, can't remember her name, she's the one who said she hasn't hung wallpaper since college.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3598670;
    I think they decided to go with NataLee because of her health. The judges probably thought that if she couldn't handle the first challenge, then how would she handle the rest of them? And Genevieve seemed to not like the fact that she didn't eat at all.
    I missed the first show. What was her health problem???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast