+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dan Vickery

Re: Dan Vickery

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3684266;
    I agree about Genevieve on both counts. She's really a very average designer, and she's being so negative and DRAMATIC! on this show. I crack up, though, every time I see her on the preview for this coming week. I forget exactly what she says, but the "We're designers!" Thing is hilarious, like designers are somehow special people who are above the behavior they are exhibiting. LOL
    Miss_G,

I saw the promo, as well and thought the exact same thing.
    As I had not seen GG's show in a while, I did catch it the other day and I wanted to make sure I was not just being overly critical of her.
    No, I don't think I was. It was yet another extremely non stellar design.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3684616;
    Miss_G,

I saw the promo, as well and thought the exact same thing.
    As I had not seen GG's show in a while, I did catch it the other day and I wanted to make sure I was not just being overly critical of her.
    No, I don't think I was. It was yet another extremely non stellar design.
    I actually got through the promo that she was telling them NOT to be so dramatic, that they are designing rooms, not saving lives, so save the drama for something important.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Looked like Dan-O was close to being chopped last night. I just didn't get that whole money issue. How did he think he had $10,000 when she only gave him $5,000? Wishing does not make it so, Dan-O! For the space that they had to deal with, $25,000 did not seem like a whole lot of money.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3685156;
    Looked like Dan-O was close to being chopped last night. I just didn't get that whole money issue. How did he think he had $10,000 when she only gave him $5,000? Wishing does not make it so, Dan-O! For the space that they had to deal with, $25,000 did not seem like a whole lot of money.
    I think she gave him $10,000 and told him to count out $5,000 while she did whatever she was doing. He knew at the time that he only had $5,000, but Antonio started talking about Dan having $10,000 while he was counting out the $5,000, and that seemed to be where the confusion started.

It really was a dumb mistake on Dan's part, though. Who would think it was OK to spend almost half the budget on the pergola. Especially when it really didn't go with the style of what they were doing. The exact same pergola in black or brown might have worked, but the white one totally detracted.

P.S. He's lucky that Tori sucked as a host. Otherwise, he would have been toast. (A little unintentional rhyme for your reading pleasure. )
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Dan Vickery took his shirt off twice in the backyard episode. V E R Y N I C E. It was hilarious how Antonio was like oh, great, here he goes, taking his shirt off again <eyes rolling>...

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3687939;
    Dan Vickery took his shirt off twice in the backyard episode. V E R Y N I C E. It was hilarious how Antonio was like oh, great, here he goes, taking his shirt off again <eyes rolling>...
    Well, Dan may be cute, but he's no David B.
    Since Season 1 when David did it, so many guys ( think Todd, especially! ) have tried to do the same, but they all pale in comparison, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I would let Dan come to my backyard and take his shirt off...no complaining at all
    There's no place like home!

David B appreciated it as well. See his Vlog at the Design Star website for his comments on the backyard challenge. In post #18 on the show thread, Hepcat brought forward information that the 10,000 error was corrected with a 5,000 mistake (of a design that is.) For some reason they edited the return and replacement of the pergola out of the broadcast and left in the part where Clive sternly gives them the extra 5,000. Who knows what they are trying to achieve with this bad edit for Dan...unless the final two are Lonnie and Antonio and they had to show Dan landing in the bottom two and thus out the door next week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3687939;

Perhaps Antonio is just a bit green with jealousy. I'd pay him to keep his shirt on!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3688369;
    Perhaps Antonio is just a bit green with jealousy. I'd pay him to keep his shirt on!
    I totally agree!

+ Reply to Thread