+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dan Vickery

Re: Dan Vickery

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3591602;
    I don't think Dan came off as being "dorky" at all. I am rather fond of him, as contestants on this show go, even after just one episode.

He does look familiar, although I think he might just look like someone else. A celebrity, perhaps? It will come to me sooner or later.

EDITED TO ASK: what's happened to all the pictures of the contestants . . . or am I the only one who can't see them anymore???

Thank you for commenting on this. I thought it was my computer.
    I happened to like Dan's personality, too, but I didn't really like that design.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3589738;
    Why does this guy look so very familiar? I'm almost sure I've seen him on another reallity show.
    He reminds me of the actor Jerry O'Connell. Jerry has a brother named Charlie who looks a lot like him who did a few episodes of The Bachelor. I would post a link to a picture of Jerry, but I do believe that's a no-no here!
    Last edited by realityaddict06; 07-20-2009 at 09:07 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe that's what it is. I am familiar with the brothers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

I agree that Dan Vickery looks familiar but I can't place him either. I am not familiar with either of the guys mentioned above so I don't think that is it. I looked up the pictures and they don't ring any bells so I think that I've seen him somewhere else.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Sorry, totally off topic but...

Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3590309;
    What happened with the winner from last year? I know it was Jennifer and not Matt but not sure what exactly happened that would have HGTV not allow viewers to vote this year?
    Okay, I have to take back what I previously posted about Jennifer's show. While Paint Over was initially a special, apparently it's getting a regular season. I know this because a Design/Production assistant came into the BB&B where I work purchasing items for the episode they're taping here in Denver. So it looks like the special was a format shakedown run and their going ahead with it.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom;3598164;
    Sorry, totally off topic but...

Okay, I have to take back what I previously posted about Jennifer's show. While Paint Over was initially a special, apparently it's getting a regular season. I know this because a Design/Production assistant came into the BB&B where I work purchasing items for the episode they're taping here in Denver. So it looks like the special was a format shakedown run and their going ahead with it.
    I'm glad she is getting her own show... but I still liked Matt better.. oh well.

He seems familiar to me, too. I used to live in Portland, so maybe we were neighbors. , but I know I've seen him somewhere.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Who is John Galt?

He's the eye candy for the show. I like his sweet, calm, "got it together" personality. He was very sweet with the girls in his group when they had a melt down giving them a big hug and consolation. Nice guy.

He does seem sweet. I, too, thought he looked familiar. I am familiar with both Jerry and Charlie O' Connell, though, and he doesn't remind me of them. I think he's been on something else.
    He may be eye candy for some here, but he would prefer David Bromstad over the female designers on this show. Sorry, ladies.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

When I was a kid, I thought I would be:
    A superhero. I was convinced I was like the X-Men and as soon I hit puberty my super power would be revealed to me. When that didn't happen, I wanted to at least be a superhero in the movies. I vowed to be the next Superman. Alas, I was too late for that. It was ironic though because I know I don't look anything like Christopher Reeve but when Superman Returns came out I had strangers stopping me on the street telling me I looked like Brandon Routh.
    Perhaps this is where the familiarity comes in?

I thought he was a saint dealing with his teammates. Not only did he comfort Amy during her breakdown, but he held back on the eye-rolls during the many Tashika mistakes. I applaud him for not trying to take over or undermine Amy's leadership role.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast