+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dan Vickery

Re: Dan Vickery

Don't be surprised if he gets a show within the next couple of years.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Dan was robbed. The final competition should have been his win. I think he was given the same edit that the girl before him was given. I just didn't get it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Both Dan and Antonio are "clever" but in different ways. Dan with unique use of space and Antonio with unique use of art.

I could see both having their own shows.

FORT Fanatic

I thought, too, that Dan had the harder of the two houses to work his design magic. His seemed so much older and
    smaller. He did the best job he could with what he was given. I thought the show and judges were somewhat biased toward Antonio. I just can't figure out why.

I think they wanted Antonio because he's different from anyone out there. I didn't particularly enjoy his designs or his shtick but I guess they did. I liked Dan all along but just knew they'd pick Antonio. I think it's because of who won last season which is why they took it out of the hands of the viewers. Hopefully Dan will get a show at some point.

Who is John Galt?

I thought Dan was hands down the best of the bunch. I taped the last episode, but read about who won here. Since Antonio won, I don't care to watch the finale. Not surprised, though, Antonio was obviously the blonde judge's favorite (I think she had a little crush). The office space he designed the week before was just so-so. I think the finale should have been between the last girl (name?) and Dan. But what do I know - nothing about design, just what I like.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Blonde judge seemed to get all goo-ey over Antonio, didn't she? It was kind of ridiculous.

The biggest complaint the judges had about Dan's house was the backsplash, which could have been dealt with easily. That was about as lame as their weak complaint about the previous contestant's headboard. The only thing I could think of the judges was, "Is that all ya' got???"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Dan's show on HGTV.com is coming soon and will focus on children rooms. Apparently, the research department found that the more positive comments came from the two child rooms he did on the show. Stay Tuned.

Really? That's awesome! Congrats to Dan on getting a show!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3711118;
    Really? That's awesome! Congrats to Dan on getting a show!!!
    It's an online show - like they did with Alice after David won season 1.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread