+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Antonio Ballatore

Re: Antonio Ballatore

I LOVED the 1 hour premier show for THE ANTONIO TREATMENT! He and his crew took on a "give back" project for a neighborhood music studio where kids are encouraged to be creative. When he first met the guy who runs the place, his dog Chewy was in tow and was introduced as his "Color Assistant." Many of his crew are in a band and one of them sliced up a finger (required over 30 stitches) while throwing a mirror in the dumpster. After the paramedics took him off to the hospital, another crew placed the "traditional" candle in a votive and small stuffed animal at the place where he had the accident so "no one would forget."

It was that kind of humor that drove the show, along with Antonio calling in favors from others in the music industry to get the items they needed. He also teased the director of the studio just because the guy was a nervous wreck. It was all good, though, and the finished product looked fantastic as well as covered every function needed.

The personality of the show is the personality of Antonio...rough around the edges and from the streets. VERY different from any other HGTV show and I think it will be a hit when it debuts next Spring.

GOOD ON YOU, ANTONIO!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I also loved his show. The giving back, the comraderie between his friends and the work they do, even messing with the guy with shouting out "pink" and "popcorn maker" and all to his crew while on the phone with the owner ... ! And, wow, it really did turn out awesome. I'll be watching when it comes on again.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I am so enjoying The Antonio Treatment, Sundays at 10 PM. He gets a whole hour to "dial it in" and dial he does. The third show which aired tonight was a small retail store specializing in women's vintage with an edge clothing and accessories. He took it black/gray and white art deco and made it work.

For those who watched Design Interns, remember the shoe store design where one team tried to set up perpendicular angled walls? Well Antonio did that very thing with graphic palm tree cuttouts painted white. From the street you see the palm trees, but once inside the clothing racks are organized and gorgeous. He dressed the windows to really draw you in and placed a full wall graphic on the back wall to catch the eye from the street. Amazing.

I can't wait to see what he does next.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678