+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Ballatore

Re: Antonio Ballatore

Wasn't the workstation idea Dan's anyway?

Finally got to watch the Antonio Project and have mixed feelings as to his hosting skills and design skills. As far as his one on one confessionals, Antonio was much more relaxed and personable and I could see why the judges found him charming. We really didn't see this side of Antonio during Design Star. However, during the big reveal I found his hosting skills very choppy and disjointed, not smooth and polished. He doesn't explain things well. He is much more relaxed and explained items during the length of the show explaining the process while he was doing things.

As for his design aesthetic. Does he have one, yeah, if you like motorcycle airbrush techniques with lots of tattoos. The kitchen was very neat. His choice of dinning table and chairs also unique but who makes the entire living room/dining room area into one big dinning room. That I didn't get. He sense of scale was way off. Was it supposed to be an office conference room. Then there was the master bedroom, which came across like a rock and roll teenagers room. Then there was the bathroom which was a complete departure of his easthetic. Overall the design was like how I feel about Antonio, the bathroom and kitchen were good the dining room and bedroom not.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'll defo give his show a try or two to see how he translates the homeowner's wishes into design. That'll be the key for me.

His hosting skills are terrible, he repeats idiotic phrases too much like "I did some recon"..."threw some paint up on the wall"...."that's ridiculous", etc. I found the repetitiveness highly annoying.

I doubt that anyone who wants beige walls would be a client of Antonio's. I think he'll appeal to the more fringe elements of the younger crowd.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3714146;
    I'll defo give his show a try or two to see how he translates the homeowner's wishes into design. That'll be the key for me.

His hosting skills are terrible, he repeats idiotic phrases too much like "I did some recon"..."threw some paint up on the wall"...."that's ridiculous", etc. I found the repetitiveness highly annoying.

I doubt that anyone who wants beige walls would be a client of Antonio's. I think he'll appeal to the more fringe elements of the younger crowd.
    Yeah, but does that "fringe element of the young crowd" have the money to hire a designer to do their made over garage in East L.A.?

Socks.

Thanks. That gave me a really good laugh!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3729254;
    Yeah, but does that "fringe element of the young crowd" have the money to hire a designer to do their made over garage in East L.A.?

I watched one episode and that was enough. His show will not succeed nor will he survive as a designer in any way!

So his new continuing show has started? I admit I have not seen any commercials for it. I know I watched part of his special on his own house and turned it off because I was bored.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3732041;
    So his new continuing show has started? I admit I have not seen any commercials for it. I know I watched part of his special on his own house and turned it off because I was bored.
    No, not yet. When it does you will see multiple commercials for it. I don't think the other "Star" shows premiered until February or March.

I keep forgetting to check for Dan's online show (children rooms) but I follow HGTV on twitter - another place to check for updates on shows.

Antonio begins filming his HGTV series today per Twitter from him and a congratulations from the HGTV twitter team. I add my congratulations.

Antonio's show is called The Antonio Treatment and will have a preview airing on New Years Day evening. I don't think he is going to have "regular" clients, so it should be interesting...I hope.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast