+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Ballatore

Re: Antonio Ballatore

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3708186;
    Also, on giving him another chance, yes, it was his first show! Remember how awkward the first episodes of Seinfeld were until things gelled? I guess we'll have to wait and see what the actual format of his show is, if he really does get a show that is....

I could not stand Seinfeld in any season, so that isn't a good argument for me. How about David's first few shows? Too much taking off his shirt and pointless interaction with that assistant who always had her color swatches out. He improved and the show found its groove.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The assistant is Danielle, who is now listed as a paint contractor and part of David's family along with Ian, the carpenter. I watch his show as much for the crew time as for the design. Perhaps Antonio's show will become that as well...where the show's presentation is as much fun as following the design concept from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3708211;
    The assistant is Danielle, who is now listed as a paint contractor and part of David's family along with Ian, the carpenter. I watch his show as much for the crew time as for the design. Perhaps Antonio's show will become that as well...where the show's presentation is as much fun as following the design concept from start to finish.
    Ahh. Yeah. Thanks. How they had him interact with her at first seemed so forced. She gels now so I don't notice anyone standing out for the wrong reasons. Heck, maybe I am the one that has changed and gotten used to it.

But I guess the point is is that a show such as these (with newbies) need to be given a bit more time. A couple of views at least as they progress and get more experience. Antonio's wasn't so bad that I wouldn't give it another try. But it wasn't so good as to make it one of the few shows I make a point of not missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3708215;
    Ahh. Yeah. Thanks. How they had him interact with her at first seemed so forced. She gels now so I don't notice anyone standing out for the wrong reasons. Heck, maybe I am the one that has changed and gotten used to it.

But I guess the point is is that a show such as these (with newbies) need to be given a bit more time. A couple of views at least as they progress and get more experience. Antonio's wasn't so bad that I wouldn't give it another try. But it wasn't so good as to make it one of the few shows I make a point of not missing.
    I understand. I watched Jennifer's first show a couple of weeks ago and shuddered with all the sugar, but I gave it a chance and actually watched all five shows and got used to her digging into people's personal lives...well, sort of...though I don't know if I'll watch her show again - if there are more shows.

I'll give Antonio's a try come January, and more than one show...when I think about how his concept fit him as his own customer, I am pleased with his final design.

During a tweet session during his show, someone asked him who he liked working with the best, and he said Jason because he made him laugh.

FORT Regular

Any of you watch Antonio's special. It was embarrassingly bad. That's one show I can skip. It was obviously scripted and trust me Antonio is NO actor. All he did was run from "artist" and I use the term loosly to "artist.' arranging for terrible art. If I want A tatoo, I'l get a sleeve like David B, and not have it put on a headboard. I wonder if Antonio would have won if he had produced a house like what he did to the house in the special. Somehow, I don't think it is the tall blonds or Vern's.

Socks, the thing is that it was his house done to his personal taste. When he gets to listening to client's requests, I would hope he would go with their tastes...he did that well on the finale. No, he isn't an actor and won't be smooth like the other hosts on the network, and I think that is why they hired him...we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3710281;
    Socks, the thing is that it was his house done to his personal taste. When he gets to listening to client's requests, I would hope he would go with their tastes...he did that well on the finale. No, he isn't an actor and won't be smooth like the other hosts on the network, and I think that is why they hired him...we'll see.
    So true Ariel! His designs on DesignStar weren't to his taste, they were according to the client's taste. (Minus any beige, of course.) Aside from his pink ducks his work on DesignStar wasn't too outrageous.

He could use his alot of his own taste if his clients were the Osbourns!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I seem to remember when one of the challenges included a family that wanted, I think, beige walls, and he refused to comply. He made that about HIM, and not what the clients said that they wanted.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3710514;
    I seem to remember when one of the challenges included a family that wanted, I think, beige walls, and he refused to comply. He made that about HIM, and not what the clients said that they wanted.
    That's exactly what I was referring to when I said "minus any beige." Antonio especially made that challenge all about what the client needed, ie the workstation for homeschooling the clients autistic kids, the special media center and maybe they actually did need some color rather than the beige they already had? They certainly loved the results: it suited both their tastes and needs. The design was beyond what they could imagine or express!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess my point is that if I am giving you my money (which they weren't) to design my house, and I made specific requests about paint color, if you decided that you knew better and ignored my directions, we'd be in court.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast