+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Ballatore

Re: Antonio Ballatore

Loved that Antonio won. I thought he did the best overall, and he fixed an extra room, even though he didn't get any extra funds for it. That's why I believe he didn't put in a double sink, he wanted to fix the entrance but couldn't afford to expend a lot of his budget on an "extra". I want my double sink removed and replaced with storage!

I want to be one of the people that they choose to have their home redone. I can't pay anything, I just assume the show pays for it. I desperately need it more than these people that they show! "Divorced mom of 2 on a teacher salary struggling to keep their heads above water ... " you know the drill.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Congratulations Antonio! Do well...

Yay Antonio! We are definitely watching his show this Sunday night. :-)

Ugh, is Antonio the best that HGTV could do? So sad.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The preview for his special this Sunday looks kind of fun. He's taking (or purchased) a run down California Valley type bungalow (from the looks of it) where the last tenants were squatters. In the preview he is smiling in all the scenes, has a bulldog and a throne chair and cuts a sheet cake with a chain saw (now that is cliche for his presented personality, but different for HGTV.) I'll be watching because I want some laughs and would like to see his process when he isn't following direction or too tight a time constraint.

I'm with you, Ariel! My husband even said he would watch Antonio's show with me. Antonio's not your typical HGTV droid: he has the potential bring a new segment of viewers to HGTV. And his rehab project sounds interesting and looks entertaining.

I hope they repeat it as I don't think I'll be able to watch.
    Why is it that HGTV repeats House Hunters and Property Virgins nonstop, yet the first run shows seldom get repeated?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Hope you get to see it! We watched it and really enjoyed it. His ideas are so different and his banter is pretty entertaining. He had an airbrushed headboard, and he was instructing the guys to "make sure it's sturdy, there's gonna be a lot going on in here." I definitely have never seen a kitchen like his on HGTV before. Any word on a series of shows from Antonio?

I am watching his show now..... and yes, I will finish because I want to see the result, but I will not watch him again..... he is an arrogant, sexist, jerk....very very full of himself..... and I still don't see any design talent for the normal person anywhere. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt... Agh... what a waste of tv......

FORT Fanatic

His series will start in January. He is certainly different, that's for sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast