+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Ballatore

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Antonio Ballatore

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3688026;
    PUH-LEASE don't let this arrogant jerk win!!!!
    I personally like Lonni. I like her class. Dan screwed up big time on the back yard challenge so, for me, he shouldn't win.
    I feel that Antonio is a bully, a loud mouth and too full of himself. I'm afraid that he will win because he's a huge, dramatic personality as opposed to Lonni's more reserved style. And besides, he gets Candace's "knickers in a twist." GAG!!!
    Her knickers actually twisted for the gumball machine lamp Dan made as part of the eco-friendly child's bedroom. But...while they know Antonio can be overbearing, they all seem to be okay with it. IF he does win, I really feel for his work/production crew. It could get nasty.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3688156;
    Her knickers actually twisted for the gumball machine lamp Dan made as part of the eco-friendly child's bedroom. But...while they know Antonio can be overbearing, they all seem to be okay with it. IF he does win, I really feel for his work/production crew. It could get nasty.
    Really? It was for Dan's lamp? Yes!!!!
    I'm glad you corrected me. Maybe there's a chance Antonio won't win. HGTV is my favorite channel by far and I hate it when there's someone I can't bear to watch.

FORT Newbie

I haven't read this thread completely so I'm not sure if this has been said, yet. If it has, mea culpa! I, too, thought Antonio was a bully based on the first episode and articles I read about the show before it actually premiered. However, when he was the first person to help Lonnie (without being asked) during the white room, personal challenge, I changed my mind about him. I now think he's a sheep in wolf's clothing and deep down he's actually a really nice guy who is quick to do a favor. He has a sweet smile and a cute twinkle in his eye. I hope he wins. He's a breath of fresh air from the rest of he robots on HGTV.

I agree, sunny! I have always loved Antonio, especially since he jumped in and helped Lonnie. And they both made it to final 3. That was pretty cool.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I agree that I'm seeing more and more of marshmallow Antonio as the designers get weeded out. His ego is happy that lesser mortals are gone and he is receiving his due in accolades. Actually, for TV, I do like his brusque personality better than Dan's...however, I don't like his hitting on the single women schtick. Did you see him place his hand on Kathy Griffin's waist when they walked through her foyer? Another reason I think he will have crew problems in his own show. I may be proved wrong as I was with what we were shown about his treatment of his crew this past show, but I really hope they don't give him a female carpenter.

Looks like I'm hot and cold about him. I just can't get clarity one way or the other...is this due to editing?

Antonio for the win!!!

FORT Follower

antonio is just loud... he's not a bully.

he was the one you heard consistently saying "thank you" to his crew and seemed very reserved/humbled when he met kathy griffin.

i like what he would bring to hgtv. dan is just like so many other tv personalities on this network. antonio would represent a different style and also bring a big personality to the screen.

he's really the only one i would watch from this show.

and i'm not even trying to diss dan, i liked him at the beginning as the best. but he has seemed VERY two sided throughout the competition. he apologizes to tori while waiting for the elimination but then turns around and blames it on her in front of the judges. i don't like to see people getting rewarded for being a chameleon.

I liked Dan's individual room challenge (with the apples) the best.... but lately I am digging Antonio!!! I think his room for Kathy Griffith was the toughest - because bedrooms are cake. I like the excitement Antonio brings. Based on the previews, Antonio does something next week that's borderline obscene... sure can't wait to see what THAT is!

Congratulations, Antonio! I hope your show is as full of comedy as your reveal was of your final project. Good Luck.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Didn't care for the colors he used and the kids room was uninspiring.

What should have been the biggest high-point was for me the deepest low-point.

He gave them a great new entrance to the master bathroom, but then gave them ONLY ONE SINK!!!

Watch any real estate related show (and you have a large number to chose from courtesy of HGTV) and you will hear one thing over and over again when a family looks at the master bathroom . . . .

"Oh, there's only one sink"

There was plenty of room for two and since he had to have the plumbing moved anyway, why not two???
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast