+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Ballatore

Re: Antonio Ballatore

The judges seemed miffed at him because it seemed as if he didn't try to really use grocery store items. His painting was fab, but this was not a color or painting challenge. I don't know if he was worried that anything else, once he got the paint on the walls, would make his room waaaay too busy or if he just got lazy. But it seemed as if he didn't really try to live up to the spirit of the challenge. Which is sad, because I think he could have done a crazy job. Like the guy one season who did the room that looked like it was broken by the sea (at least I think that was what it was, now I am doubting my memory ... bummer getting old)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3647903;
    The judges seemed miffed at him because it seemed as if he didn't try to really use grocery store items. His painting was fab, but this was not a color or painting challenge. I don't know if he was worried that anything else, once he got the paint on the walls, would make his room waaaay too busy or if he just got lazy. But it seemed as if he didn't really try to live up to the spirit of the challenge. Which is sad, because I think he could have done a crazy job. Like the guy one season who did the room that looked like it was broken by the sea (at least I think that was what it was, now I am doubting my memory ... bummer getting old)
    It is a bummer! I looked up his name because while I couldn't remember it, I did remember his face. His name is Todd - season 2 blond surfer dude from near San Francisco who came in second (the year Kim Myles won)...anyway - I did see him as a helper on one of the backyard design shows not too long ago. Other than that, I don't know what he's been doing.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Riding that stupid skateboard, no doubt.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3648077;
    It is a bummer! I looked up his name because while I couldn't remember it, I did remember his face. His name is Todd - season 2 blond surfer dude from near San Francisco who came in second (the year Kim Myles won)...anyway - I did see him as a helper on one of the backyard design shows not too long ago. Other than that, I don't know what he's been doing.
    Ah, Todd. Thanks! That room was crazy, but fun. I did think that Kim was the right winner (although I don't care for her show, she has improved as a host).

And prhoshay, you are no doubt right!

So far, I've not been impressed with his design. He does seem to have some good carpentry skills, though.
    Surprisingly, I'm liking his personality so far.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I still don't care a lot for this guy, but I'm open to changing my mind. Something about him just seems to annoy me, but I just can't put my finger on exactly what it is.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I rewatched last week's episode last night when they re-ran it.
    I was impressed by how kind and helpful Antonio was to the woman who had her glasses falling from the wall in her room.
    I think he's one of those guys who tries to come across as real tough, but he definitely isn't.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Next week's previews should Antonio spouting off about not wanting to paint a room tan and saying he'd rather be sent home.

Has he NOT watched a reality tv show before? Wishing might just make it so.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3652988;
    Next week's previews should Antonio spouting off about not wanting to paint a room tan and saying he'd rather be sent home.

Has he NOT watched a reality tv show before? Wishing might just make it so.
    When you watch the season previews in episode one, I think this is an edit misdirection used for peaking interest in the coming show. It does look like the two alpha males (Antonio and Dan) butt heads, though.

There is a behind the scenes you tube video up called D Star BTS Big Scary Antonio where the producers talk as they watch him get ready to build the flooring on the garage challenge...very funny.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

PUH-LEASE don't let this arrogant jerk win!!!!
    I personally like Lonni. I like her class. Dan screwed up big time on the back yard challenge so, for me, he shouldn't win.
    I feel that Antonio is a bully, a loud mouth and too full of himself. I'm afraid that he will win because he's a huge, dramatic personality as opposed to Lonni's more reserved style. And besides, he gets Candace's "knickers in a twist." GAG!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast