+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Judge - Debbie Matenopoulous

Judge - Debbie Matenopoulous

From the official site;

Two-time Emmy® nominee Debbie Matenopoulos has spread her infectious personality as a talk show host, guest star, panelist, actress and producer. She began her career at MTV, moving up the ranks from intern to production assistant and eventually became a story coordinator for UnFiltered . She also worked on numerous specials, news pieces and the Video Music Awards . In 1997 she landed a coveted co-host position on Barbara Walters's talk show The View , along with Meredith Vieira, Star Jones and Joy Behar.

Matenopoulos left The View in 1999 to join the TV Guide Channel, where she hosted the sports show The Moves , the movie show The Screening Room and the entertainment show Entertainment News . She also hosted a 2003 Emmy special and was a presenter at the First Annual TV Guide Awards. Throughout her time at the TV Guide Channel, Matenopoulos interviewed almost all of the top stars of the day and some legends.

Matenopoulos's role as a celebrity reporter claymation version of herself on MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch led to her becoming mistress of ceremonies for the video game adaptation on Playstation 2. She served as TiVo's guide girl, played a singer on NBC's American Dreams , guest co-hosted the KIIS-FM morning radio show, and appeared in a Bravo scary movie special, a Country Music Award special and a special on the hottest couples of the moment. She also starred in the award-winning short film The Sopranowitzes in 2001.

Currently, Debbie is one of the co-hosts of the hit daytime show Good Day Live.

emmy nominations? I wonder what they were for? Being part of The View perhaps?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I would think so cali.
    I know they've got a few nominations, but rarely win.

Debbie on The View was before I ever watched it.

I see Good Day Live once in a while and she fills Jillian Barberie's shoes well, in that she's crazy and interupts all the time.
    You can't hear half of what anyone says on that show because they're always talking over each other.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I would think so cali.
    I know they've got a few nominations, but rarely win.

Debbie on The View was before I ever watched it.
    WOW! I remember her being on that..... she suddenly just DISAPPEARED one day.
    Don't tick off Barbara Walters!!
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

No kiddin' LATAS.

Although it was before my time, I hear it was rather brutal.
    They basically just called her in and told her she was off the show.
    She's well rid of it I think. I don't think they were very nice to her.
    Sanme with Lisa Ling.
    She's a smart woman but she never got any respect from the others.

What I remember about her from The View isn't even her: It's a sketch on SNL where they parodied The View and the other hosts ended up locking "Debbie" in a little dog kennel.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    She was actually on SNL , and I think hosted. That was what got her fired from the View . Babba WaWa was not amused by SNL ( probably because they always call her Baba WaWa dating back to the days when Gilda Radner played her ) and Debbie was turfed almost immediately. I must say she looks much better not as a bottle blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    She was actually on SNL , and I think hosted. That was what got her fired from the View . Babba WaWa was not amused by SNL ( probably because they always call her Baba WaWa dating back to the days when Gilda Radner played her ) and Debbie was turfed almost immediately. I must say she looks much better not as a bottle blonde.
    I remember when she came on SNL - I don't think she hosted though. It may have been one of those little walk-on things that celebs (and I use the term loosely with her) do from time to time. I remember Cameron Diaz playing her once and Claire Danes doing it another time. I can't remember which one got put in the dog kennel. It just shows how memorable she is - the only memory I have of her on The View is not her at all, but someone doing a parody of her.

ITA that she looks better with darker hair. Also, I don't dislike her on this show much as I thought I would. Then again, it's only the first epi... maybe I should give her more time to annoy me!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Put the pieces together Quack-Wabbit's Avatar
    I remember the SNL View...

"I've always wanted to do a talk show ... about women, with different views... a regular working mom... a sassy black woman, like I've seen on TV... and a total idiot. And in the perfect world, I'd get to sing the theme song nude."
    GREAT MOMENTS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY...

"Richard catching fish hasn't come into foreplay yet..."
    -- Susan Hawk

Yes there is LIFE for Debs when she was sent packin from THE VIEW...
    I like her....

+ Reply to Thread