+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "He's a Lady" debuts Oct. 18

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

"He's a Lady" debuts Oct. 18

http://tbs.com/stories/story/0,,34981,00.html

TBS, television's very funny network, takes eleven men on a wild adventure as they walk a mile in their wives or girlfriends' shoes when they undergo a complete feminine makeover in the new original reality series He's a Lady. The show, hosted by Tony Frassrand (House Detective), comes to TBS from Evolution Film & Tape, Inc. (Switched!, Bands Reunited) and Full Circle Entertainment.

As the show opens, eleven men temporarily leave behind their wives and girlfriends for a chance to win a quarter of a million dollars. The guys think they're going to be on a show called "All American Man," competing in grueling physical and mental challenges. But the catch is more than they ever imagined: The guys will actually be transformed and given the chance to see what life is like as a lady, with one man winning a huge prize in the end.

Each week, the competitors learn something new about what it's like to live as a lady, from dealing with bras and jewelry to bonding with real women in typically all-female activities. They are then judged by a celebrity panel including: Morgan Fairchild (The Seduction), John Salley (The Best Damn Sports Show Period) and Debbie Matenopoulos (Good Day Live).

Weekly challenges for the competitors include learning how to walk, talk and dress like a lady, followed by going out in public to find out how convincing they are; learning to flaunt their new attitude with training from supermodel Frederique; planning a real wedding and then being asked to serve as the bridesmaids; and finally, completing a "lady of the house" challenge back in their hometowns, where the guys must remain in character in front of family and friends in the absence of their wives and girlfriends. During their hilarious and heartwarming quest, the competitors will live in "The Doll House," a beautifully decorated dwelling designed to help them get in touch with their feminine sides.

The series climaxes with a beauty pageant, where the competition boils down to the quarter-million-dollar question: "What, as a lady, have you learned about being a man?" The judges will then select the best man in the group, based on a variety of criteria.
    This looks like it's gonna be a HOOT! Straight guys having to drag it up to win $250,000.00.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I saw an ad for this show and I thought it was a joke or Geico commercial. I think I'm going to pass.

I'll definitely check it out.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Oh my god, they really will do anything for a reality show.

No thanks, I'll just keep waiting for TAR.

(Thanks, now I have the song "She's a Lady" in my head.)
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Just a possible heads-up: my TV guide, as well as the on-line listings I use, both have this show listed for tonight at 10:00 pm EST.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

My TV Guide and digital cable guide show it on tonight, too. 9:05 central time.

I read about this in Star. This show looks really, really stupid. The men are all big guys, too. Like with muscles and really manly faces. They look really ridiculous as women.

Not on at 10, I guess it was on at 9.

ETA: Just checked TBS's website and it says that it premieres next week.

Yeah, our listings must have been wrong. Sex & the City was on at 9 and there's a movie starting now.

I was all hyped up for something to watch tonight too *humph* Not that I'm not enjoying Manhunt or anything ...but darn this is a really lacking night of reality tv! Ehhh well atleast the DVR is set for a series recording now so I don't have to think about it again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast