Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Cornholio
  • 2 Post By AZChristian
  • 2 Post By Arielflies
  • 1 Post By agamergirl
  • 1 Post By beerbelly

Thread: 10/7 HK 16 Show Discussion

10/7 HK 16 Show Discussion

Tonight: cooking with ostrich meat. This won't go well....
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Re: 10/7 HK 16 Show Discussion

So... do you think those were real ostrich eggs and they drilled a hole and stuck the paper inside? If so, what a colossal waste of hundreds of dozens of regular eggs worth of food. Could've been breakfast for a large feeding program. So wasteful.

Also: I wanted to see the punishment of getting pine nuts from pine cones. Just curious as to how that works because I have loads of pine trees and pine cones but I don't think the type I have produces nuts. The blue team was told this was the punishment (in addition to cleaning up the ostrich egg mess) but I didn't see it!
    beerbelly and agamergirl like this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Didn't you just KNOW when the guy commented about loving to make a mess so some underling could clean it up that the guys were going to lose the contest? No doubt about it.

Things have gotten so predictable on this show that I'm almost ready to stop watching it.
    waywyrd and Cornholio like this.
    I'm Paula.

From what barrel bottom did casting dredge this cast? They are so nasty as to be unwatchable. I had on my sour face throughout the show. I don't blame Jessica for wanting to nip the arguments before they started, but she kicked herself out when she packed. Ugh.
    agamergirl and Cornholio like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    So... do you think those were real ostrich eggs and they drilled a hole and stuck the paper inside? If so, what a colossal waste of hundreds of dozens of regular eggs worth of food. Could've been breakfast for a large feeding program. So wasteful.

Also: I wanted to see the punishment of getting pine nuts from pine cones. Just curious as to how that works because I have loads of pine trees and pine cones but I don't think the type I have produces nuts. The blue team was told this was the punishment (in addition to cleaning up the ostrich egg mess) but I didn't see it!
    I agree! And they usually let us see them doing the punishment. I think I'll look it up online because I'm curious as to how it is done.
    I cannot stand to see food wasted, especially on things like that. I was raised not to be wasteful with anything.
    I've tried to find the quote but can't. I watched this when I was tired but wasn't it Jessica that said she wouldn't let (can't remember who) sell at a fruit stand on the side of the road? That was hilarious! I can remember the quote, just not who it involved.
    Last edited by agamergirl; 10-09-2016 at 03:59 PM.
    Cornholio likes this.
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

FORT Fan

I don't believe those were real ostrich eggs. Firstly, when I have seen them on other shows they are nearly impossible to crack. They need a hammer and chisel to get into them. Also, any yolk on that carpet would make it completely unusable without a serious shampooing and drying for a week. I think they were simulated. So sorry about Jessica, but she just did not have the confidence to run a restaurant. Besides, another week of Gia-drama might be fun.

Omg. I thought the same thing about the pine nuts!
    Cornholio likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

We have ourselves a Hell's Kitchen first here. In 16 seasons, no one who worked tableside has ever messed up badly enough to get sent home. It's supposed to be the least-essential station that occasionally gets used as a punishment or as an easy night to a struggling contestant. But none of those fools ever dropped the ball so badly that they had to worry about going home.
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due Oct 4)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

+ Reply to Thread