+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Hell's Kitchen 16 Pool

Re: Hell's Kitchen 16 Pool

Welcome back to the Hell's Kitchen pool, and this week is an auspicious occasion indeed because last Friday was the release date of the new Pokemon games, Pokemon Sun and Moon. All that waiting in line outside the game stores worked up a real appetite for the avid players, and our restaraunts were all too happy to serve them.

Leading the charge once again was It's Raw! with their appeal to the ice-type lovers, with limited-edition flavors like Dewgong Delight and Piloswine Pistachio. Ben and Jerry's look out, you're not the only ice cream chain that can come up with clever flavor names. The centerpiece was of course the Vanilluxe Supreme - Vanilluxe for those of you who don't know, is a Pokemon based on an ice cream cone (don't believe me? Check it out), yes, with just over 800 Pokemon now, it was inevitable that we'd eventually get one based on an ice cream cone

Mega Tento-Sushi flopped and floundered with their Magikarp Maki, after Team Rocket ambushed their fish delivery and pilfered all the pikefish. Pardon My French made a very thin crepe based on the dainty Fairy-type Pokemon Flabebe, but the chefs struggled to cook it through without burning it - a shame that Fairy Pokemon are weak to fire.

But of course, the breakout star of Pokemon week was Pikachu with a special blue cheese tart made from Miltank milk and slow-baked to perfection. In terms of staifying people's hunger, it was super-effective! Till next week, happy playing Pokemon, and watch out for Team Skull - they could be anywhere! Matt's hiphop mannerisms are kind of like one of them.

A lot of people had Johnny on their team. Mega Tento-Sushi sends out Heidi from the reserves, while The Last of the Mojitos says "Wendy, I choose you!"
    Cootie, Cornholio and MReid like this.
    Pools I'm running: Masterchef Junior:(Due March 1) Survivor:(Due March 14)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

Welcome back to Dancing with the Chefs, where we know you can cut a steak, but we wonder, can you cut a rug? Our opening number is MReid, who's really heating up the dance floor with the 3-square-meal squaredance. Hot and fulfilling like a bowl of chilli, the judges give it a 7.

Next is Pikachu with the Cheese Tart Two-Step. A bold decision, really a classic and pasisonate dance this one, but his technique is unpolished, and falling behind the music. That's a 4.

And here's Cornholio with the Savory Crepe Can-Can, really working those legs, getting those kicks up, and... she's fallen and gotten a cut on her finger! Oh no, that's going to end this act early.

Last up on the dance card is Cootie, who gives us a whole new meaning to salsa dancing! With a very spicy flamenco dance, and a perfect 10, there can be no doubt of who the star of the show was.

This continues to be the most exciting pool I've ever run, Cootie has overtaken the lead by one single point!
    CupidGuest, Cootie and Cornholio like this.
    Pool History:

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
    This continues to be the most exciting pool I've ever run, Cootie has overtaken the lead by one single point!
    I need to catch up on these episodes! I've been working way too much as I've missed the last two episodes but will watch tonight.
    CupidGuest likes this.

Welcome back to Hell's Kitchen, where the only thing our guests cheat on is their diets. This week is your guilty food pleasures on offer, with 10 times as much class as the Grotto.

From It's Raw, a triple-scoop of deep-fried ice cream, drizzled with chocolate sauce. The cinnamon-sugar outer shell is one of the sweetest things known to mankind, and the ice cream inside is still chillingly-cold. You won't find this decadence anywhere but the very fanciest of joints.

Hunger in Hades brought it with their 3-alarm chili, served in special dishes because it 's supposedly so hot that it burns through the regular ones.

Struggling this week was CupidGuest, who boldly tried to go in the opposite direction and serve a super-healthy kale infused curry rice. She got some business but not enough to break even, but hey, it's not her fault that there aren't more sensible foodies in America.

It's Raw loses their reserve despite taking back the lead, meaning there are no more reserves left in the game. The Leftovers is down to just one player - if Wendy goes, it's curtains for them.
    CupidGuest and Cornholio like this.
    Pool History:

Friends, join us as we gather in remembrance of The Leftovers. RiNGO's restaurant was tragically destroyed in an aerial stuntman accident. RiNGO bravely chose a team of people no one else wanted, and served food that was acceptable when everything else was booked. A light reception will be held with small cups of chili and cornbread and a 1,000-flavor ice cream. Why 1,000 you ask? Because Pfeifferdcat is our first team to break One. Thousand. POINTS!!!!

Yeah, no need to be too somber, all of the surviving equipment will be auctioned off, so that's great for the rest of us! Well, Mega Tento Sushi bought their rice cookers and they turned out to be broken, but that's just a minor stumbling block, I'm sure. We wish RiNGO best of luck in the Afterlife, which is the name of his new restaurant that makes their dishes out of food scraps from other restaurants.

As you guessed from the above, RiNGO is our first total shutdown, and before the black jackets stage too.
    Pool History:

Welcome to the Black Jacket Lounge, sing along if you know this one.

It's 8:00 on a Thrusday. We're here in the black jacket lounge.
    It's just about time to eat dinner. Let's see what our players can scrounge.
    There's chili con cornbread from Hades. And it's made with a red pepper spice.
    And the cornbread is sweet, it's delicious to eat, the whole meal is hearty and nice.

Bring us some chicken from Hindustan. It's Cupidguest's special tonight.
    And it's flavored and cooked to perfection. And it's got us feeling all right.

Now Pardon my French has been struggling. The guests kept on sending crepes back.
    The food's coloration gave much irritation, it was just like the lounge, it was black.

Pool History:

BadSeed I love love love your song. So perfect! And yes I had to sing it out loud as I read it, LOL!
    CupidGuest likes this.

Welcome back to the third-to-last week of the HK16 pool! Since we're in a Vegas kind of mood, this week your food will be decided by random chance! Let's see how that works out.

Step up to Open Hell's Kitchen, and roll the spice dice! Your number determines how spicy your curry is, from a 1 for "barely anything" to a six for "you won't taste anything for six weeks!" Feeling lucky?

We've also got the Ice Cream Slots from It's Raw! For just a quarter, line up the flavor symbols to get a tasty ice cream of that flavor! Three cherries in a row is a classic, but I'm hoping for three strawberries.

And over here is Cootie's Blackjack, where you get a BBQ chicken quesadilla and a mojito if you can beat the dealer. Get blackjack, and you win yourself an entire platter of fajitas and big pitcher of mojitos! This one was a big hit with some of our clients! Unfortunately, those clients were the card-counting MIT kids from that movie 21. They cleaned out the last of the Mojitos in just an hour.

Some movement this week, this is not a lock game. Congrats to Pfeifferdcat and Cupid for correctly getting all three of the final 3, with captain intact.
    Pool History:

Hey there everyone! Sorry I missed a week, but I'm back just in time to announce the grand, epic, Hell's Kitchen 16 finale! This week, our contenders faced the mother of all events, catering the Superbowl! The guests up in the luxurious box seats brought their appetites, and were expecting only the best! The host city? A team that's not in the Superbowl themselves, and that's a familiar feeling for Houston.

Pardon my French tried to wheel in an on-demand door-to-door crepe service. Unfortunately, they choked under pressure, messed up most of the crepes, and had to retreat.

Hunger in Hades provided a baked bean chile con carne, thickened with pork fat, and a side of cornbread made from locally-sourced corn. Very native food that was a big hit.
    In the end, Texas heat was just so unpredictable. With temperatures topping almost 80, the guests were turning away their meals and skipping straight to dessert. It wouldn't be unfair to say that ice cream saved the day, and a dish of "It's Raw," truly was a super bowl.

So as the narrative suggests, this pool's very dominant winner in a real tour de force is It's Raw! and Pfeifferdcat. She never fell below second place, couldn't be caught, great pickings!
    Second place went to a team that had a very strong start, stumbled at the last quarter, but rallied in the last few to take back second place, it's the culinary trip of Open Hell's Kitchen!
    And third place goes to a chef who took some time to find his footing, and was as low as 6th place at one point, but made his comeback in the end, it's Hunger in Hades!

The wooden pitchfork, the unenviable award of last place, goes to someone who's conquered several pools before, but this one was her Waterloo. Malheureusement, non pardon pour Cornholio et Pardon My French.

Thank you all so much for playing! Till next time, this is your emcee Badseed saying "Stay tasty."

Here are pools for last week and this. For the deltas, it should be noted that there were no changes in ranking between the 3rd-to-last and 2nd-to-last episodes. It's also interesting that Heather managed to just edge out Ryan for first place despite coming in second. Also Matt managed to score a few places above his elimination rank - he was a goof ball and probably an incognito Team Skull member, but he had a solid under the radar performance for a while

Pool History:

Congratulations to Pfeifferdcat and MReid and to all teammates. It was fun playing the Hell's Kitchen pool with all of you!
    Cootie and Cornholio like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast