+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Hell's Kitchen 16 Pool

Re: Hell's Kitchen 16 Pool

Welcome back to the Hell's Kitchen Pool, where dreams can flourish, or be shattered like an eggshell. And speaking of eggs, watching all those (prop) ostrich eggs getting smashed up in the challenge has made Californians hungry for the most important meal of the day, breakfast. And to meet those needs, our chefs offered all kinds of things.

Mega Tento-Sushi led the charge with a simple but delicious deconstructed breakfash sushi; a dried seasoned seaweed leaf served with a morsel of horsemackerel and a side of rice. A great set of nutrients to start your day.

Last of the Mojitos took a different route, going with a highly rich BBQ chicken breakfast sandwich on cornbread, with the signature BBQ sauce of course. Guests loved the generous portions, with enough to save some for lunch, or eat it all at once and skip lunch.

My Chef From Hell also had a chef from hell, when their tableside chef overslept and missed breakfast completely, meaning no one got to try the delicious ven pogal; rice sauteed in curry and spices that becomes durable enough shape like clay. What a shame none of the guests got to see his rice Taj Mahal with a chutney Gangee. At least he can take comfort in the fact that, thanks to Jessica, he's not the only tableside chef to have a catastrophic failure.

In the last table, you'll notice a new column on the far right, labeled with a triangle, or Delta. This column represents how many places you've risen, or dropped, since last week. And with the scores so close, I predict some wild fluctuations in the coming weeks.

Wow, just look at how close these scores are; second place is behind first by 2 points, third is behind by just 1, fourth is behind by just 1, and just like last week, last place is still only 11 points behind first. Additionally, no one has lost a player - except RiNGO who's now lost two chefs in two weeks, and this time it was his captain. This is all unprecedented, and it's really fascinating. Hang on, because this is going to be a wild ride.
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due March 6th)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

Welcome back to HK 16 Pool, where losing can be hard to stomach. As is the grand tradition in Hell's Kitchen, we've now had two weeks of gross food as a punishment, so it's time for our very own chefs to try their hand at it.

This week, Pfeiddercat watched the Twilight movies, and got inspiration for something almost as stomach-turning; garlic ice cream. It was an acquired taste to say the least, but the It's Raw secret blend of honey and dairy made it into a tasty treat that sold surprisingly well. Last of the Mojitos decided to test the versatility of their barbecue sauce by offering a plate of chicken hearts, sauteed and stuffed with leek. Seasoning was the key to their success. Pardon My French had to request you do just that after this week's unfortunate slump. Their order of escargot got put on the back order, forcing them to go hunting for snails in the garden. Turns out that not every kind of snail is created equally, in taste or amount of meat. The escargot crepe was permanently given the quatre-vingt six

No one lost a player until episode 4, good job.

Hunger in Hades: Heidi grought in from reserves.
    My Chef From Hell: Koop brought in from reserves
    Pardon My French: Paulie brought in from reserves.

The race for the top remains just a single point margin.
    CupidGuest, pikachu and Cornholio like this.
    Pool History:

Avast, ye, mayteys! Batten down the hatches, raise the mizzenmast, chart a course for the Sandwich Islands.... what's that? Ye say ye hungry? Very well, then bound we be for It's Raw, where ye can shade from the burning sand with a tankard of sea salt caramel ice cream topped with Swedish Fish. Never I be to Sweden but their fish is tasty.

After that, we be pillaging every piece of gold from Hunger in Hades, whose score is riiiiising like the Flying Dutchman out of Davy Jones' Locker. This gold be not dubloons but cornbread made from special corn flour imported from the Indies.

But beware ye of Mega Tento-Sushi, they be more dangerous than a red sun at sunrise. No mortal man can eat the bluefin tuna special and live to tell the tale, for it be made with spoiled caviarrrrrrrrrrr. Drawn in by the fish smell, the kraken lurks in the depths below. Beware ye who go there, or the catch of the day, might be you. I leave ye with a sea shanty....

♩ ♫ Ohhhh, Aaron walks the plank, leaving two teams perturbed, Pika's down to 3, Cupid loses her reserve. ♩ ♫

Pool History:

LOL, Badseed, I love your pirate lingo and song! Even though I'm salty because my team stinks!
    CupidGuest, Badseed and MReid like this.

Welcome back to Hell's Kitchen Pool. They've made us wait an extra week for a new episode and that's no fun, so this week let's do something fun. Since Hell's kitchen is playing word games, I have a word game for you. Several words are missing from this week's narrative. Write down the first letter of each missing word to find out the secret ingredient for one of our contender's signature dishes.

It's kids' week at Hell's Kitchen, but they aren't exactly known for fast, friendly, and consistent service. That's why you've got other options from our pool contenders. My Chef From Hell stumbled off the mark when the juggler they hired to entertain the kids collided with a chef carrying a tray of fresh-made mini blue cheese tarts. The tarts had been sweetened with apples and cinnamon, but with no apples left, they were forced to resort to sweetening it with maple _____. Never have I seen a kid call something "too sweet," before tonight.

Also struggling was Hunger from Hades, whose spicy chili fell flat as a pancake, when Aziza lost their order of mild red bell ____s, forcing them to apologetically take their special kid-friendly chili off the menu.

Open Hell's Kitchen had a challenge on their hands, since _______ cuisine like Chicken Masala is generally too complex, but they had the brilliant idea to make it into a quesadilla by taking their chicken and chutney and wrapping it in a piece of _____ bread; a crispy flatbread with garlic. The whole thing is finished with Star _____ for a sweet undertone.

Pardon my French managed to go the whole night without speaking "French" in front of the kiddies, that's commendable self-control, Cornholio. Their signature dish of the night was, savory, wafer-thin French _____s prepared fresh to order on the grille. They were specially shaped to look like Mickey Mouse's head, and adorned with onions, black forest ____, and one other secret ingredient, which you now know if you've collected all the letters. You'll forgive me for being so secretive about it, but kids might not be as willing to try it if they knew the secret ingredient was..........

This week took another bite out of RiNGO's team, could we be looking at a record for the earliest shutdown?
    CupidGuest and Cornholio like this.
    Pool History:

Woo hoo! I moved up a spot from dead last this week (aside from RiNGO that is, LOL). Sorry Pikachu, you get to take my place.

Love your narrative this week Badseed and I know what the secret ingredient is. Shhhh, I won't tell! ha ha ha just kidding.
    CupidGuest, Cootie and Badseed like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

At least if I end up dead last, I'll get the Wooden Pitchfork. I was working on pool awards last week so I have the trophies ready for this pool and Dancing With the Stars.
    CupidGuest, Cootie and Cornholio like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Badseed, your narratives make my day!! Way to go!
    Cornholio likes this.

Welcome to the Hell's Kitchen art museum. I'm your tour guide, please join me in perusing the fine works of art that our gallery houses. In this corner we have a rare Vincent Van Pfeifferdcat original, The Melting Cone, an impressionist piece of an ice cream cone melting in the sun. note the artist's use of hot pink on the strawberry ice cream to invoke a vivid feel. The melting ice cream represents that the precious moments in life must be seized fast.

Next, direct your eyes to Cornholio Matisse's Rhapsody in Crepes. With its brashness and abstract expressionism, you can practically smell the sizzling grille and feel the toil of the chef trying to get it perfect.

And front and center is... My Chili. I apologize for this one, but it was painted by the curator's nephew, so I'm obligated to show it to all tour groups. It's a blob of chili splattered onto a canvas. The artist was eating chili when his bowl fell off the table and landed on the canvas. Moving right along...

CupidGuest, Cootie and Cornholio like this.
    Pool History:

Loved touring the art museum with you Badseed!
    CupidGuest and Badseed like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast