Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 6/19 Show Discussion Episode 14 **Spoilers**

6/19 Show Discussion Episode 14 **Spoilers**

Enjoy this Anton-free episode!
    combatcutie and Moontat like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Re: 6/19 Show Discussion Episode 14 **Spoilers**

That wasn't a whole lot of time to prep and cook all those pieces of meat. I think all the meat dishes are undercooked.

Poor Joy.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

But, contrary to the preview, she did not quit. Actually, in the to be continued, I think we'll see her wearing the black jacket as her plate has yet to be judged, and the leader at that point, Rochelle, is shown wearing a blue jacket.

I was disappointed in Rochelle this episode because she didn't step up and try to wrest away one of three proteins. Instead, she helped Gabriel with the trout and clarified butter, but the butter was too greasy. Melanie rides roughshod over all of them, yet she can't cook. Really, flour as a tightener in mash potatoes? Even I know flour can be used in a liquid, but not a solid.

Next week will be interesting as they make it appear that Jason tries to poison his nemesis from a previous season. There was a shot of the previous winner running from the table and an ambulance taking off...but, we know how deceptive previews can be.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-20-2014 at 02:06 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I, too, think Joy will end up with the black jacket. (I also think she will win the show!)

I hope the previous winner (can't remember his name) didn't actually choke. That said, I NEVER liked him during his season and I thought he acted very high and mighty while judging during last night's show. Talk about success going to someone's head!!! Pffffft....

I was shocked at how poorly the chefs did during the calendar challenge! My God! How the heck did they make it this far?
    Duckyface likes this.

I know...It should have been even more about plating, also.

Rochelle - at this point her ceiling is Sous Chef. She doesn't have the personality to lead as a Head Chef. She makes for good TV, though, with her facial expressions. When she joined the others in the kitchen after having cleaned the toilet, her face was priceless.

On the plus side, she won the palate challenge and the blind ingredient cooking challenge; and she whispered out the side of her mouth to Melanie that you never put flour in mash potatoes. She is a very good cook, but isn't a leader.

Jason is beginning to physically resemble the pig he is, and Gabriel is always a step behind. Melanie has the confidence, but lacks in discernment and food prep skills. Kashia has the ego, but not the skills to back it up, plus she hasn't stepped up in a leader role. Scott tried to step up, but he always falls down. That leaves Joy who has been close to matching Rochelle in the challenges and has taken on the leader's role easily. I, too, think this is Joy's to lose.
    waywyrd, Brooks and Moontat like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

This episode was soooo stupid I thought. Very boring and now another "cliff hanger"? I waited all week for this episode too. The calendar thing was lame. So were those fake reporters. But I had to laugh when I watched next week's preview - Jason laughing at Paul choking. I admit I giggled a little bit at that. Haven't watched HK for the past couple of seasons but that Paul is a JERK!
    wannasee likes this.

^ I was also like, does every episode have to have a "To Be Continued"! The first challenge, I was too lazy to rewind but Joy's pork really did look pretty pink in the middle, not sure I'd have wanted to eat it and thought GR would go crazy with it. I would like to know who is buying things like HK calendar...really?! I must block these shows out pretty quickly, I barely remembered Paul and don't remember him as being that much of a jerk. He was just laying the insults on! And agree, beesknees, the way they made it look like Jason was laughing about Paul choking looked funny but as said above, was probably completely edited together from something entirely different! I'm kinda ready for this season to be over. At least they have a couple who don't scream everything they say. ;-)

From what I rember of Season 9, Paul got a very sympathetic edit. He seemed like a nice enough guy (lovable underdog), and even got picked on by one of his teammates. The black jacket should go to Dana - that would be a great twist.

I am a little late to the HK party. I don't think I ever watched one season thru altho this season I've watched it the most (but not every week). Can someone explain the whole black jacket thing to me? Are they for finalists? The winner?

^ i think like the final 4 usually get a black jacket

__

i seen the preview at the end with minnie driver

i really am not familiar with her but have heard the name, so i had to google her when i seen her anorexic body on the screen

aparently it's well known she has an eating disorder

not trying to be silly or sound stupid, but she isnt really there to eat ... i mean they have actresses and whatnot making cameos on hk so they could get some footage of the horny chefs fiending or just to show off their fake breasts.

anyways she looks like a skeleton, i'm just curious to see what the next episode is all about

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast