+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 3/13 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/13 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Usually they have the first evening on the job to study the recipe book. Doesn't look as though they were given much time before the first service.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    So first episode in, who's looking good, and who's looking real bad
    As far as I could tell, they all looked pretty bad, but I did doze off for parts of the show, so that should tell you something.
    wannasee likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

My first time watching as I was wasting time before AI started. I couldn't believe it. Do the people who were seated waiting on service and not receiving any get a voucher for a meal at a GR restaurant? They should. Why did they state that HK is the most sought after reservation? Is it because the kitchen is wide open to the tables and they can watch all the screaming in real time?

That girl from Queens with the risotto first service is totally nuts. I was hoping all four of the nominated contestants would be sent home.
    Moontat likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Here we go again! I didn't think it boded well when "orgasm" was uttered twice in the first 10 minutes. And then the guy who muttered when his canned/boxed dish got criticized...I know it's the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. But I still yell at the tv things like, don't they realize they've got to work together?! Counting down for a "R-A-A-A-A-A-W-R"! (Or did I miss it?!)

So happy to have Hell's Kitchen back. It's my guilty pleasure, I find it hilarious, and Gordon's screaming somehow soothes me, especially when the screaming is directed at a douchebag. That being said, I prefer it when the jerkier contestants go home early, which they don't often do, so I can see them trying to keep that Sandra beeyatch for as long as possible. Hope they manage to keep the likable, genuinely talented contestants around. Last season's final 4 were the most talented and likable final 4 yet and were genuinely talented and good at what they did, so let's see if this season repeats that feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    My first time watching as I was wasting time before AI started. I couldn't believe it. Do the people who were seated waiting on service and not receiving any get a voucher for a meal at a GR restaurant?
    I understood that the set is in Hollywood (so not strictly subject to health codes) and the patrons at most of the dinner services are mostly local actors. I'm sure they know by now to arrive already having eaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I understood that the set is in Hollywood (so not strictly subject to health codes) and the patrons at most of the dinner services are mostly local actors. I'm sure they know by now to arrive already having eaten.
    Yes local actors and family of producers etc - not your average person off the street, they cant get a reservation
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Ew. Guarev stuck his finger in the risotto to taste it and thought it was okay. The women are screaming at each other, too.

Typical HK.

That was right up there with the woman who grabbed the spaghetti out of the garbage pail and started to cook it for serving, again! It was her claim that the temp of the boiling water would make it all right to eat.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I just watched Pressure Cooker streaming on Netflix. It's a docu about a culinary arts class in central Philly. The instructor would grab hold of these contestants and shake them silly. One of her first rules is cleanliness...wipe, wipe, wipe...tasting spoons and working spoons. It's a great docu if you get a chance to see it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Now, THAT'S the kind of person I want training MY chefs!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast