+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 4/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 4/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Yep, the cliffhangers have always been ridiculously staged on this show.

I realize this show is for entertainment value only and that there's no way Ramsay would trust a restaurant to anyone he casts, but sometimes the show insults the intelligence of rocks.
    Christine (last year's winner) was expediting at the Gordon Ramsay Steakhouse in Las Vegas when we were there in December. And she was WORKING - she wasn't out shaking hands with customers or anything.
    Kip likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Who has the best chance now? JaNel?

Some winners didn't even get the prize they were promised. Like Holli from season 7. She never could go to London.
    Cornholio likes this.

::just now watching:: How does someone eff up a pizza or cheeseburger?
    Uncle David likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Who has the best chance now? JaNel?

Some winners didn't even get the prize they were promised. Like Holli from season 7. She never could go to London.
    She couldn't because she couldn't get a passport for some reason (never mentioned). She did get an alternate prize, which is also in their contracts in addition to the main prize.

There have been few people in this show who actually GOT that restaurant prize - and some, such as Heather from season 2, were in lower positions than promised.

Really, the only two I know of who did pretty much what they were promised were Rock and Christina from a few years ago. Dave may have too, but I don't know for sure there.

And Rock is the ONLY person I know of who has had long term success post this show.

The #2 spot seems to be a better career launcher for many of these reality tv programs.

I couldn't watch last night. What was the gist of Nedra's encounter with the piggies?

I think Janel is going to win this season. She is the most normal contestant this season as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    The #2 spot seems to be a better career launcher for many of these reality tv programs.

I couldn't watch last night. What was the gist of Nedra's encounter with the piggies?
    They had 10 minutes to catch an animal per person, and Nedra went second. She happens to be scared of every animal in existence, including her own dog, so she spent about 7 minutes whimpering. But they somehow managed to get the rest of animals in time, which is quite impressive, considering they had an average of 24 seconds to do so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12