+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 4/2 Show Discussion

Re: 4/2 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    And Nedra?

She needs to go NOW, and I strongly suspect that Gordo JUST might bounce her next week.

I sure HOPE so, anyway.
    ITA!!! ITA!!!

Why the girls did not select her for elimination was ridiculous and dumb!
    ness likes this.
    KAREN

I think most of the girls are just afraid of Nedra and underestimate Mary. I think Mary has gotten better, and I liked how she ran those 3K with no complaints and still came back to work in the kitchen despite being exhausted. Overall, I think it's Jacqueline's time to go, she's messed up too much, and Nedra was awful this episode, both in the challenge and the breakfast service. It's the first we've seen her do badly, but yes, she definitely should've been nominated because other girls who were faltering, such as Mary and Susan, have been picking up their game bit by bit, while others (especially Ja'Nel and Cyndi) are just pretty darn good so far. On the men's side, I think Dan and Michael are not there for long either, they're difficult to work with. I personally think that Jeremy will be eliminated next week in place of one of the girls despite the blue team winning this service, it's clear that he's way in over his head and everybody else is just better than him. So far the only things he's done right have been hoisting teammates over a wall and blend smoothies. It's definitely his time to go

I genuinely enjoyed a breakfast service, it was a nice change of pace and it was cool they did it for people who work in ER. My mother worked for 20 years in a hospital, so that was cool for me to see. As for the pancakes, well, I can't fault them for it too much because I'm a disaster when making bigger pancakes, I can only properly cook small ones because with bigger ones, I either burn or flip them wrong and they fall apart.

Another thing I'm enjoying so far this season is that, other than the typical first episode dish tasting, all the reward challenges have been ones that end up being based more on skill than on ending up in one of the usual ties with one final point being the tie-breaker. The lobster-meat removal, the lunch service after the 3K and now the identifying the proteins, not a one have been on the "point for you, point for them, we'r at a tie, this final one will decide". It's also a reffreshing change of pace.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    StarryElf: Then they really need to learn how not to burn the food they're cooking in a frying pan.
    Oh for sure! And really, high quality pans don't burn that easy, it's the cheap pans that really burn. You have to work to burn something in a good pan. I know, because I suck at cooking, I can burn ice cubes (in a cheap pan). lol

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    ITA!!! ITA!!!

Why the girls did not select her for elimination was ridiculous and dumb!
    momrek . . .

I replied to your post earlier, but SOMETHING happened, and it didn't post, so the original response is probably floating out there in cyberspace, somewhere.

The girls DID select her for elim earlier. Or at least ONE of 'em did (IDR which one), because I CLEARLY heard her say, when they were in their living room, kicking it around, one of the names that wound up standing in front of Gordo, AND NEDRA'S. This person's reasoning was that whoever the two were who performed the worst in the kitchen THAT NIGHT would be expected by Gordon to be presented for elim. And that would be whoever, and NEDRA. This person continued by saying that if they DIDN'T put Nedra's name up, then Gordon would be on THEM for not doing what should've been done, that THEY'D be looking like the crazy ones, and Gordon would NOT be taking them seriously.

At THAT point, Nedra got loud and went alley, 14-carat crazy, and whatever else is ugly that you might possibly want to refer to her as. She stomped around. She JUMPED around. She balled up her fists and flung them around. She screamed. And she cursed.

Oh, BOY, did she curse. She swore so much that there was very little of what she was cutting loose with that they COULD air. Her whole diatribe was one of the nastiest, biggest bleepfests I EVER recall seeing, AND hearing.

And of course, the girls caved and didn't throw her name into the ring. I think it's like Rembrant said: They were SCARED of her. No, she never came out and actually DIRECTLY threatened any of them. But the way she was behaving, if I'd been one of them, I CERTAINLY would've taken her behavior and words at that time as an un-detailed threat towards me, too.

So, it was left to GORDON to clean up THEIR mess.

Which, I suspect, just MIGHT happen next Tuesday.

Me? Regardless of HOW big a fool she was acting --- and implied threats or not --- I would've gone ahead and submitted her name. Why? She was acting SUCH a fool, that just in CASE she wound up hanging around another week, and she got into it with me over nothing, OR tried sabotaging my work in the kitchen, there would've been TOO much taped evidence from right before the last elim that would've pointed the finger directly at HER.

And she would've done it to herself.

And yep, I think whoever it was that mentioned first that to NOT throw Nedra's name in would sully them with Gordon, had a point.

I believe every last one of the girls is on his radar right now for not having stepped up and done the obvious.
    Last edited by ness; 04-04-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    Photobabe likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

My guess? None of the girls will go home! Nedra, although deserving of the boot, will survive another day. I'm thinking Jethro (whatever the slow, fat, dumb guy's name is) is the one who leaves Hell's Kitchen.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    My guess? None of the girls will go home! Nedra, although deserving of the boot, will survive another day. I'm thinking Jethro (whatever the slow, fat, dumb guy's name is) is the one who leaves Hell's Kitchen.
    Can't say I disagree with you. The edit looks like Nedra's gonna get the boot, and althogh both "Jethro" and Nedra deserve the boot, Jethro is less annoying. Therefore, we're stuck with that mouthy, gross, self-important beeyotch.
    Uncle David likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12