+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 3/12 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Re: 3/12 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Are we being lied to and these are NOT real chefs but idiots they took off the street to make for more drama in the kitchen?
    I know for a fact that at least one of them this season is a real chef, with a real chef's job. But he hasn't gotten much screen time yet.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf View Post
    I know for a fact that at least one of them this season is a real chef, with a real chef's job. But he hasn't gotten much screen time yet.
    StarryElf
    I remember your saying something about this. I've been keeping my eyes open. I would really like to see some cooking by a real chef on this show for once.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf View Post
    is it the cute one with the blonde fringe faux hawk?

I was wondering if they have partially cooked arborio rice when they make risotto. I make it all the time but it takes me 40 minutes from start to finish.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I watched too and I continue to be astonished at how people who are supposed "chefs" in the real world can't make the relatively simple dishes being asked of them for the restaurant's service.

Are we being lied to and these are NOT real chefs but idiots they took off the street to make for more drama in the kitchen?

What real chef does not taste the dish before handing it to the head chef/Ramsey?

And what real chef puts raw wine into a dish and doesn't cook/reduce it?

I can barely boil water but even I can do the things these simpletons seem unable to do.
    A reasonable person with even a scintilla of common sense would HAVE to come to the same conclusions that you have, I think.

If this show hadn't been on for as long as it has been, I'd let a lot of stuff pass.

MAYBE.

But THESE moves?

Over THIS length of time, on this show?

By supposedly professional, working chefs?

SMH.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I watched it, too. Can't believe he kept Danielle.
    I CAN'T, either, but I CAN, too.

Baby Girl is a drama, laughter magnet.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    A reasonable person with even a scintilla of common sense would HAVE to come to the same conclusions that you have, I think.

If this show hadn't been on for as long as it has been, I'd let a lot of stuff pass.

MAYBE.

But THESE moves?

Over THIS length of time, on this show?

By supposedly professional, working chefs?

SMH.
    Ness: this show has also helped me figure out that I HATE halibut.
    So it does have its "redeeming qualities."
    ness likes this.

Ness: this show has also helped me figure out that I HATE halibut.
    So it does have its "redeeming qualities."

OK, Orion, good deal!

I'll keep that in mind when I'm screaming about the lunacy that goes on on this show!!!!

FORT Fan

Oh, and I can now make a passable risotto because unlike the contestants, I actually pay attention to the instructions Gordon gives.

Unfortunately, this show never changes. Common sense tells you that anyone wanting to go on this show and possibly win, would know how to cook risotto and scallops. But no, every season it's the same thing. I completely agree w/all of you about not believing much of it.
    So why do I watch? Because hubby loves it......and we like to watch certain shows together, like Survivor, Apprentice.
    And the dear man sometimes watches things that I love much more than him. Gotta do that compromising.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always wished that I could do these types of things, but I am allergic to more foods than I care to think about. The scallops always look so good, but they don't like me. There's just so much that I can't eat or even be around. Allergies are very annoying and restricting. Plus I am not one to be fond of being in the kitchen. Limited, is how I would describe me. I do admire chefs, since it is somewhat of an art. I've never had risotto, but I am open to trying it! Is it really that difficult to prepare? Seems to require one's full attention at all times.
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast