+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 6/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 6/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I really hope this is the last season of this train wreck. It has gotten to the point where I don't even want to watch but I keep flipping to it to watch the crash & burn.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

"I used to be a chef like you, then I took a scallop to the nose."

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
    "I used to be a chef like you, then I took a scallop to the nose."
    <Snort>

Man...I used to LOVE this show, when Ramsey was the crazy, pottymouth one. Were the contestants always so snotty? If so, I missed several seasons or blocked it from my memory. I guess I dislike the format in that they're competing against each other but have to work as a team? And how about if someone kinda glides over whichever station would be their problem area? Not sure what Barbie did but hilarious that she saved the women the first night but was the root of all evil the second. (I do admit, it's weird she couldn't get her stuff cooked right.) When the women nominated Roshni because they didn't really have a second choice...um, what about Robin, whose lamb was just as bad as Barbie's fish, even though she kept bleating about time? Not really sure I'm liking anyone, so far...maybe Brian.

Good lord, where do they get these people??!!! Although I think that each season.
    Is it a requirement to NOT know how to cook risotto and scallops each season?? Do they not watch this show???
    How come they all seem like blathering idiots (and super-cussers) in the beginning and then apparently, they are pretty good chefs at the end??
    How come I keep watching this show and keep complaining???

Hey, DL . . .

You keep watchin' and complainin' 'cause you're human, just like the REST of us!

LOL!

Whoever it was that alluded to this upthread . . .

I can't figure out for the LIFE of me, either, why these people keep coming on this show messing up the SAME food items (the Wellingtons, the scallops, the risotto) EVERY YEAR!! That just does not make one sweet lick of sense, to me.

It's kind of like they've been hiding under a rock someplace, crawled out from under it, just heard about "Hell's Kitchen" a second ago, and decided to try out.

BUT . . . this is, what? The 10th SEASON? And these fools STILL haven't figured out that they need to find a recipe from SOMEWHERE that gives chapter and verse on HOW to cook Wellingtons, risotto and scallops? And once they've done THAT, PRACTICE THE HELL OUT OF THOSE UNTIL THEY CAN DO THEM IF THEY'RE COMATOSE? THEN show up for an HK casting call?

SMH.

I don't GET it.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I don't have a prayer in hell of ever being cast but I still mastered scallops, risotto and wellies after I started watching about season 5 or so. The thing is that the 3 dishes all have very basic techniques that are no fail if you do them. The trickiest might be the wellies- oven temp to cook the meat properly while not over or under cooking the pastry.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I feel fairly confident that enough competent cooks who can make those signature dishes tried out to make a decent season. However, it's just not who they cast. What bothers me most is not that they cast incompetents so much, but they cast the same 'characters' as they do every year. There seems to always be a not so pretty girl that claims she's "more than a pretty face" And a heavy guy with health issues. Always a white girl and boy (or more) from the hood, and how about a guy with an accent? Last season, we had the Italian guy... this season he's Israeli.
    They cast enough blondes this season, I'm sure one of them is 'ditzy' by design.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I feel fairly confident that enough competent cooks who can make those signature dishes tried out to make a decent season. However, it's just not who they cast. What bothers me most is not that they cast incompetents so much, but they cast the same 'characters' as they do every year. There seems to always be a not so pretty girl that claims she's "more than a pretty face" And a heavy guy with health issues. Always a white girl and boy (or more) from the hood, and how about a guy with an accent? Last season, we had the Italian guy... this season he's Israeli.
    They cast enough blondes this season, I'm sure one of them is 'ditzy' by design.
    I think they are clearly trying to cast Barbie as the angry black chick. However Robyn and the other chick who thinks she so good looking beat her to it. I just thought their behavior to be so over the top. I think they influenced those others probably afraid they would eat them before the prison figured out they got on the wrong bus,lol.

I watched this mess twice so I could see what Barbie could possibly have done to cause such janky behavior. Nothing that I witnessed.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nope, I don't think Barbi(e?) did anything THAT bad, either.

And, she's still there, ISN'T she?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    I really hope this is the last season of this train wreck. It has gotten to the point where I don't even want to watch but I keep flipping to it to watch the crash & burn.
    At the end of every season, I swear I won't watch again, but I have no will power.
    just1paul and MsDiva2007 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12