+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 8/29 Show Discussion Thread

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 8/29 Show Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I'm calling Will for the win.
    I think that's a good call... though Jennifer has a chance as well.

Jennifer has a chance, but I think her chances would've been stronger had Elise also been eliminated. That said, the guys I think will rally around Jennifer because though they hope to win, if they have Jennifer at least if she won they'd lose to a better and overall nicer cook then they would if Elise won.

(BTW, did anyone else find it pathetic how Elizabeth and Elise were basically groveling to Ramsay to get a black jacket after all the ones on the tray were gone? I mean, it's one thing to stand up and defend themselves, but it looked to me like they were cowering then begging to stay.)

I just saw the first episode (where Natalie went home), and it always baffles me when it comes to over/undercooked meat...

Has no one heard of instant-read meat thermometers? I have a Thermapen I use for BBQ, most BBQ teams I know use them, and lots of professional chefs use them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by philb View Post
    I just saw the first episode (where Natalie went home), and it always baffles me when it comes to over/undercooked meat...

Has no one heard of instant-read meat thermometers? I have a Thermapen I use for BBQ, most BBQ teams I know use them, and lots of professional chefs use them as well.
    They may have, but in a competition like this Ramsay probably wants them to test it with their hands because doneness is determined by parts of the hand. I forgot the exact areas to equate rare, medium, medium well and well-done though.

Even then, they cut the meat on the wellingtons and you'd think they'd know the difference between red meat (rare), some pink (medium), Little pink (medium well) and no pink (well done).

I personally don't buy that "hand test" nonsense. That's only true if you cut the same cut of meat over and over, from the same supplier, who is getting it from the same source himself...And, even then, it requires lots of experience.

See: Meat temperature guide: When are steaks, chops, chicken, and other foods done?, particularly Myth 1. I can assure you that the pad under my thumb is a lot tougher than many others, due to years of weightlifting, kickboxing, and being a professional mechanic.

I'm personally havig a hoot. True, Elise is horribly despicable and all kinds of crazy, but watching Jennifer stand up to her and verbally smack herr makes me root for Jennifer (and wish she's sit on Elise). Out of these final 5, if you take out Elise and Tommy, the remaining three are pretty strong and have made few mistakes throughout the season. Paul is good and works well as a team, but seems to get a bit big for his britches sometimes. Will is a tool, but also skilled. I remember him competing in a season 1 episode of Chopped, and while he didn't win, he did make it all to the dessert round.

But I honestly think Jennifer deserves the win the most. She's been a consistently good cook since the very beginning, she's assertive in the kitchen, communicates well. And anybody who can perform well while still having to put up with the freak that is Elise, especially since day 1, surely deserves a win.
    just1paul, spockwhat and nanaslbkp like this.

Can't seem to be able to edit my posts for some reason, so forgot to add. During the dinner service, in the 12-person blue table, what in the world was that tool Fabio from Top Chef doing there?

Quote Originally Posted by rembrant View Post
    but i honestly think jennifer deserves the win the most. She's been a consistently good cook since the very beginning, she's assertive in the kitchen, communicates well. And anybody who can perform well while still having to put up with the freak that is elise, especially since day 1, surely deserves a win.
    amen!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm not even going to bother making a new thread because really there was nothing too big here.

The newbies had to face the veterans in a faceoff in the kitchen. The vets didn't do really that well, even now, and the newbies won (though with the comments the 16 percent differential is suspect).

That said they had to nominate two and Jennifer and Elise were nominated. Ramsay choose to save both this week, but this is obviously a non-elim because Jason was medically eliminated.

Next week we may be seeing the nastiest Elise we've ever seen - if that were possible.
    nanaslbkp likes this.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

That girl is so annoying...and you're right, next week is supposed to show us the (really) bad side of Elise! HAH! Been there, done that!
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast