+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jadewarlock

Thread: 8/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

8/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Round two of this week's crappy cooking begins! Please keep all discussion in this thread until midnight, EST. Thanks, and try not to throw things at the tv when Elise is on.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Re: 8/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Wow I see how popular this show is...Just started here on the West and I wanted to see if the Bitch got sent home, don't really want to watch if she didnt
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Which bitch?

I assume you mean Elise. Yeah, she's still there.

How about Natalie and the boys? Class acts. *sighs*

While I wish it was Elise, I'm not upset Monterrey is gone. He was continuously a bad cook, and even though he had a great fish dish in the challenge, that isn't good enough when you've already been in the bottom twice in service. Not only that, there were more men's team than women's team.

The women's team - oh good grief, how can you really make so many errors in listening to a group of women making a menu? The dishes looked great, but still. BTW, the woman who complained about being a pescaterian shouldn't even imply that she'd like a surf and turf if she only eats fish. I personally think she didn't know what the turf was in Surf and Turf, or she'd known to say "I only eat fish as far as the protein." I truly don't think Elizabeth was totally at fault there.

And seriously - why these chefs drink so much knowing damn well they're going to have service later on that evening is beyond me. It's no wonder the men's team did so poorly.
    Holly in SoCal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    The women's team - oh good grief, how can you really make so many errors in listening to a group of women making a menu? The dishes looked great, but still. BTW, the woman who complained about being a pescaterian shouldn't even imply that she'd like a surf and turf if she only eats fish. I personally think she didn't know what the turf was in Surf and Turf, or she'd known to say "I only eat fish as far as the protein." I truly don't think Elizabeth was totally at fault there.
    Elizabeth absolutely was at fault. They showed a clip of the pescaterian saying no to surf and turf. At any rate, even if she didn't actively say no, anyone with half a brain would know not to include the turf part. Joe knew. Ramsey knew. I would have know had I been there. And with respect to the Hawaiian/Asian confusion, the planners did say Hawaiian, but Elizabeth heard Asian because, according to her, Hawaiian and Asian foods are the same. Dimwit.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Elizabeth absolutely was at fault. They showed a clip of the pescaterian saying no to surf and turf. At any rate, even if she didn't actively say no, anyone with half a brain would know not to include the turf part. Joe knew. Ramsey knew. I would have know had I been there. And with respect to the Hawaiian/Asian confusion, the planners did say Hawaiian, but Elizabeth heard Asian because, according to her, Hawaiian and Asian foods are the same. Dimwit.
    Agreed. They also showed the pescaterian saying she loved scallops and were hoping to see them... and also, she did vehemently say "no" to fish and meat on the same plate. Elizabeth ruined the scallops for the person who wanted them most!! I had to laugh when Elizabeth said it was Elise's fault because the scallops weren't cooked properly... doesn't really matter if the it's the WRONG dish.

Hawaiian the same as Asian. I can't even believe that. Ridiculous. How can you be a chef and not know that they are very different? I know that and I'm a nothing.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Elizabeth's misinterpretation of what was said at the meeting with the reunion committee was sadly hilarious. I have to admit that when that one woman said she was a pescatarian (I don't recall having heard that word before), I thought she said she was a Presbyterian and thought "Huh???! What does that have to do with anything?", but she followed up immediately saying that she eats only fish and not meat. And she definitely conveyed that she would not welcome a surf-and-turf entree.

And that cake was awful. If the fondant wasn't working, why not remove the fondant and do a buttercream icing?

At first I thought that lady said she was a Presbyterian and I was thinking...I didn't know that they only ate fish. I had never heard the term "pescaterian" before.

All I can say is urrrgghhh....Elise is still in the game!!! Yuck!

And I was very dissappointed in the girl on the guys team...I had high hopes for her but seeing how she acted on their reward totally turned me off.

+ Reply to Thread