+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 7/26 Show Discussion Thread

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 7/26 Show Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Worst part is I have actually met plenty of people just like Elise. Obnoxiously smug, incredibly rude, thinking their poopoo don't stink and everyone should bow down to them. Same with Monterray, the type who thinks the can do no wrong and get confrontational when they do something wrong.

I was big-time disappointed in Andi being so weak when dealing with nasty Elise. At least I can always count on Scott to tear down a mouthy contestant, he's always a badass. So far I have Krupa, Natalie and Will pegged as the frontrunners, even if Will annoys me with his 'gangsta' attitude and gestures, he looks like such a tool.
    Agreed. Natalie is my early favourite and Will seems competent but the gangsta stuff makes him look ridiculous. Tool is just the right word. I'm so bored and frankly exhausted of people (those who live in 'normal' neighbourhoods) who try to appear as though they are from the 'hood' with the way they talk and dress. They should actually go live in a tough neighbourhood for a year if they think that's their style. Better yet, they should get a proper beat-down from those who have been raised in those neighbourhoods for trying to imitate. And I'm not kidding. You think you're tough? Go home to your bmr and your big screen tv, loser. Not that Will didn't come from a 'hood', I don't know. But apparantly I needed to get that off my chest.

Ramsey will keep a couple of good ones around... he already knows who they are I'm sure and hold on to Elise and the other loudest ones right to the end. Not too hard to predict, I guess.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 07-28-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Did anybody else think the prize for the ladies was just a tad bit underwhelming? I mean, the guys got luxury prizes and the ladies got...go-karts? I know they'll have other chances, but when Ramsay announced this prize, I burst out laughing. I could just see some of the girls thinking "We worked our rear ends off while the guys rode on private planes, etc. and now we get to smash each other up like we could do at most amusement parks? Man that stinks!"
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philb View Post
    I'm halfway through the episode, and it looks like, during the Go-Kart interview scenes, she has her own name tattooed on her chest.

Narcissist much?

Phil
    Actually, it's pretty smart. Relationships die (cough) Kat Von D / Jesse James (cough) and can create tattoo nightmares. But she'll always have herself.

(I hope I never fall out of love with Harry Potter . . . I do have "HP" on my upper arm.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    the usual theatrics... I wonder how much the kids can hear.... I mean if it were my child with the language and screaming going on, I would not be there.

I had the same thought about the kids. It's not just the language, but the language combined with the behavior. Do they need to be watching the adults preparing their food freaking out and screaming at each other?
    Holly in SoCal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Actually, it's pretty smart. Relationships die (cough) Kat Von D / Jesse James (cough) and can create tattoo nightmares. But she'll always have herself.(I hope I never fall out of love with Harry Potter . . . I do have "HP" on my upper arm.)
    With THAT attitude she has, she probably will always ONLY have herself!!!
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I had the same thought about the kids. It's not just the language, but the language combined with the behavior. Do they need to be watching the adults preparing their food freaking out and screaming at each other?
    I know I (and I'm 45) wouldn't want to eat some place that I can hear/see all the profanity and insane behavior.
    Holly in SoCal likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I know I (and I'm 45) wouldn't want to eat some place that I can hear/see all the profanity and insane behavior.
    I hear you. When I go out to eat, I want it to be relaxing experience. How can you possibly enjoy yourself when you see/hear all of those theatrics in the kitchen? Not to mention the fact that I'd be constantly worried that I wouldn't even get fed. I wonder if many of these diners just want to be able to say, "I ate at a celebrity's chef's restaurant and got to appear on tv!"
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I hear you. When I go out to eat, I want it to be relaxing experience. How can you possibly enjoy yourself when you see/hear all of those theatrics in the kitchen? Not to mention the fact that I'd be constantly worried that I wouldn't even get fed. I wonder if many of these diners just want to be able to say, "I ate at a celebrity's chef's restaurant and got to appear on tv!"
    I think they do. I wonder if they pay or if they get comped a meal.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have always wondered that myself. Surely they must get some compensation, especially if they don't get fed?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I have always wondered that myself. Surely they must get some compensation, especially if they don't get fed?
    People apply for inclusion (it's like Survivor - it helps to know someone). Someone on the Hell's Kitchen board said that they sometimes send out casting calls to their Facebook friends and Twitter followers.

As far as compensation, they have to be paid something when they sign the release for their likeness to be used on the program. Legally, it could be as little as $1 (just to make the contract binding). But I wouldn't go unless I was guaranteed a meal or an equivalent value!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast