+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 7/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 7/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I honestly don't even understand why I watch it, except perhaps it's the fact that I have consistantly liked the winners of most of the shows. Maybe that's it's redeeming quality... to see someone you actually like rise above all the other meatheads.
    I am still looking for that person, but haven't quite found them yet....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I didn't realize that a new season started until last week. Let me tell you something....Elise is the most obnoxious person ever. She never stops with her mouth. And for her to get snotty with the senior chef there. What was she thinking??? I wish Ramsey would have put her in line for that
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I didn't realize that a new season started until last week. Let me tell you something....Elise is the most obnoxious person ever. She never stops with her mouth. And for her to get snotty with the senior chef there. What was she thinking??? I wish Ramsey would have put her in line for that
    I do find her quite offensive and all her yelling and high attitude is geting tedious. I really wanted her to leave!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I do find her quite offensive and all her yelling and high attitude is geting tedious. I really wanted her to leave!
    You (and I) are apparently not the only ones. When the red team was polled as to who besides Carrie should be eliminated, all but one said Elise. Knocked that smug look off her face pretty quickly - but (unfortunately) not for long. She needs to put her money where mouth is. As much as she runs her mouth, though, she'd have to be filthy rich to do that.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I told my husband last night that this show isn't even about the cooking anymore... its "who can scream and fight" the loudest, who does Ramsey scream at the most.... I'd love to see more creative dishes, see who can really cook and then a dinner service. They need to be able to handle both. And I can't even figure out what some people are yelling at each other about. I think I'll stick with Master Chef. I don't mind an occasional dig or a bit of snarkiness, but that is all this show is about.
    So true. Hell's Kitchen is all about drama and not much about cooking. That's why I like Top Chef more. But then again, I continue to watch HK. Carrie is pathetic but on the other hand, Elise is more annoying with her attitude and continuous mouth flapping. She needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by philb View Post
    The one thing I always wondered is: How come so many of them smoke? Not being a smoker, but having grown up around them, it would seem to me that being a regular smoker would severely hamper your ability to taste properly.
    I've always thought the same thing when watching this show. I know things started tasting alot different when I quit smoking 27 years ago than they did before I quit.

Do chefs smoke more on average than the rest of society? It seems like each season that I watch this show, almost all of the chefs smoke. What's up with that? In my office of around 15 people, only 2smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    You (and I) are apparently not the only ones. When the red team was polled as to who besides Carrie should be eliminated, all but one said Elise. Knocked that smug look off her face pretty quickly - but (unfortunately) not for long. She needs to put her money where mouth is. As much as she runs her mouth, though, she'd have to be filthy rich to do that.
    I noticed that. She had better watch out, they will continue going after her (even the blue team) and one bad service and its over.

Elise has to be out of her mind to actually think that Gordon would put someone like her with her kind of attitude into some kind of high position in one of his restaurants. She does not play well with others, no matter WHO the others are and has absolutely no respect for ANYONE. The previews for next week show her fighting with someone else too (besides Carrie). That "holier than thou" look on her face, with the way she raises her eyebrows as if she is looking down her nose at all others...sheeesh...someone needs to tell her if she goes through life continuing to raise those eyebrows the way she does, she's gonna have some heavy duty wrinkles developing on her forehead. She'll need to bathe in botox!

Quote Originally Posted by nanaslbkp View Post
    I agree, YellowRose. I could never work in a kitchen with most of them....I guess it's for the ratings..the drama must go on! IMO, Elise needs to go...what a bossy miss she is!
    Loved it when she got that 'time-out'!
    When we lived in England, I read an interview with another celebrity chef. No, he said, most restaurant kitchens are NOT like the ones you see on HK. He certainly does not run a kitchen that way. After all, in the real world, his chefs would simply quit and go work for his competition if he treated them like the contestants on HK. So, yeah, it's all about the ratings on this show. And like others, it's getting a little tiring. As others have said, it's not even really about cooking anymore, just about nasty personalities. I like what Spock said, about the winning chefs redeeming the show. I agree. It's nice when the nasty people are finally eliminated and the true talent gets a shot at winning.

The smoking issue was brought up last season. Do the chefs just smoke out of stress? I don't mean to be offensive, but honestly, I have an aunt who has smoked for most of her life and you can tell. Her clothes always smell like it. Also, my BIL's father has smoked for most of his life, and when my sister and her family go to visit with their young kids, they won't even stay in that house because it reeks. I can't imagine having that in my kitchen, much less a chef whose palate is impaired. It's always revealing when Ramsay does that challenge where they have to identify foods blindfolded. Gee, why is it a surprise that some of these chefs can't identify their foods?
    Last edited by Babbred; 07-27-2011 at 04:10 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I liked Nona.

Also, I really liked Danny and didn't mind Dave or Christina. The only one who really bugged me personality wise was Holli.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123