+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 7/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 7/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    And I was so glad to see Brendan go home, too. Have to be all kinds of stupid to lie to Ramsey.
    When he was digging through the trash can to look for a piece of fish that he KNEW wasn't there, I was reminded of Casey Anthony taking a cop to Universal Orlando to show him her cubicle . . . when she KNEW she didn't even work there. I've learned a lot about the behavior of compulsive liars lately. They apparently really think they can bluff their way out of the most ridiculous lies.
    nanaslbkp likes this.

Lying to Chef Ramsay? Lying? OMG, I knew Brendan was gone as soon as he did that. How stupid can you get?

I would now like to officially apologize on behalf of the city of Dallas for Carrie. She's embarrassing us. And I would love to know what restaurant she works at. Now granted, I'm not rich enough to eat haute cuisine, but I haven't seen anything on the news about a local chef making it big to go do this show.

That reminds me. Could somebody tell me what "soux chef" means? Since I've never worked in a restaurant, I've always wondered about that. Also, what is a "pantry chef"? I've never heard that one before. I just have this image of a cook in our crowded little pantry at home trying to cook.

Before I forget, did anybody else laugh when Krupka dropped that prime rib? I mean, honestly, it was like something out of the Three Stooges. I like her, but she's not having a good week, is she? My husband and I love to eat Indian food, but I was embarrassed by that dish that she brought to Ramsay. You would never see that presented to a diner in an Indian restaurant.
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Sous = under, so translated literally, sous chef = under boss. It means you're essentially a vice president in terms of kitchen heirarchy. It also means the chef trusts you to uphold standards...and you're more likely to be doing day-to-day work.

Pantry chef is trickier...it could be in charge of a station or the one that prepares salads...or a way to say "private chef" if you're being way old school. Wide-range of skill.
    It's all been a Spool of Lies!!!

Have any of these contestants watched the show? Why are they being so mean to each other? This is getting old. Same thing every year. Chefs screw up, chefs gripe about the other chefs, chefs drink, chefs smoke. Can't we get some who can think about TEAM and not belittling and trash talking the other team? Do your job, work as a team and you should win. If not, you will know you did your best.
    nanaslbkp likes this.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    Have any of these contestants watched the show? Why are they being so mean to each other? This is getting old. Same thing every year. Chefs screw up, chefs gripe about the other chefs, chefs drink, chefs smoke. Can't we get some who can think about TEAM and not belittling and trash talking the other team? Do your job, work as a team and you should win. If not, you will know you did your best.
    I agree, YellowRose. I could never work in a kitchen with most of them....I guess it's for the ratings..the drama must go on! IMO, Elise needs to go...what a bossy miss she is!
    Loved it when she got that 'time-out'!

The one thing I always wondered is: How come so many of them smoke? Not being a smoker, but having grown up around them, it would seem to me that being a regular smoker would severely hamper your ability to taste properly.

Quote Originally Posted by philb View Post
    The one thing I always wondered is: How come so many of them smoke? Not being a smoker, but having grown up around them, it would seem to me that being a regular smoker would severely hamper your ability to taste properly.
    I agree with you. And so does Gordon Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    I told my husband last night that this show isn't even about the cooking anymore... its "who can scream and fight" the loudest, who does Ramsey scream at the most.... I'd love to see more creative dishes, see who can really cook and then a dinner service. They need to be able to handle both. And I can't even figure out what some people are yelling at each other about. I think I'll stick with Master Chef. I don't mind an occasional dig or a bit of snarkiness, but that is all this show is about.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I told my husband last night that this show isn't even about the cooking anymore... its "who can scream and fight" the loudest, who does Ramsey scream at the most.... I'd love to see more creative dishes, see who can really cook and then a dinner service. They need to be able to handle both. And I can't even figure out what some people are yelling at each other about. I think I'll stick with Master Chef. I don't mind an occasional dig or a bit of snarkiness, but that is all this show is about.
    I knew from the big argument among the women that Carrie wasn't going anywhere last night. Gordon can make almost anyone into a decent cook, but the focus of the show has become the drama - and Carrie brings it big time. And Elise can't get off my screen too soon to please me.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Yes, it's been this way for at least a few seasons now. The fighting, swearing, and general insanity of the contestants is the M.O of this show. I keep telling myself I won't watch another season where I can predict who will get through based on who is more crazy and dramatic, and yet, I can't help myself. I honestly don't even understand why I watch it, except perhaps it's the fact that I have consistantly liked the winners of most of the shows. Maybe that's it's redeeming quality... to see someone you actually like rise above all the other meatheads.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast