+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12/15 Finale Show *Spoilers*

12/15 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Join in as we find out who is the winner in tonight's finale and ends up as the head chef a line cook at LA Market at the JW Marriott Hotel in Los angeles!
    Last edited by Unklescott; 12-15-2010 at 10:04 PM.

Re: 12/15 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Congrats to Nona.
    Russell = bigtime SORE loser. Made threats, didn't congratulate Nona. Very bad form.

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4127632;
    Join in as we find out who is the winner in tonight's finale and ends up as the head chef a line cook at LA Market at the JW Marriott Hotel in Los angeles!
    I know Right!!? How else can this comedy of errors called season 8 end? No one has the wherewithall to run the microwaves in the employee's breakroom let alone lead a team of cooks who have more talent in their earwax then any of these sorry excuses for alive have. The thing that really erks me is that I could totally have won this season!!! Unfortunately the body does not cooperate and physically I am unable to do the walking, standing, lifting. RATS!!! The contestents probably don't even realize the magnitude of the oppertunity they squandered here. By being lazy, uninspired, unwilling to work as a team, and plain unprepared IMHO they squandered their chance. I really have to ask myself if the prerequesite for this season's cast was to be not ready for this level of food service. None of them were/are.

Hope this is a one episode finale! *fingers-crossed, *toes-crossed too....
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

Oh and anyone find it funny that Nona won more prize money than the winner of Top Chef? Haha. That's what the show gets for being sexist and picking bad winners.

Have to say I'd much rather Nona win than Russel. He was such a muscle-headed bully.

It makes things so much easier when I've PVRd it and can fast forward through the built-in "suspense".

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4127662;
    Congrats to Nona.
    Russell = bigtime SORE loser. Made threats, didn't congratulate Nona. Very bad form.
    I was just appalled by Russell's behavior. Blaming his chefs for the loss? - well, yeah, that's fair, but his bad and rather poor (to be nice) attitude toward them in that last service didn't endear any of them to him. If I was working for him I'd sabotage his service (which I do think happened) or walk out, and let Ramsay know that I would be willing to give up my prize to not let the fellow win because he'd be a bad rep for the restaurant/winery prizes.

His particular attitude to one and even just saying "If you don't like it walk out" attitude seriously harmed him. In that round, if you piss off someone, they're NOT going to leave but instead harm your chances to win. This is afterall a game where you must stay in good spirits with your fellow players start to finish in order to have them help you win. And, sometimes that may be saying "Yeah, you're right I screwed up nominating you" (i.e. lying through your teeth) to pacify the fellow.

Saying the chefs that were on his team needed to be blackballed and wouldn't work for him if he had a restaurant? - well, that attitude cost him chances for people actually helping him get his wish and have a restaurant. He should've remembered that loaners, workers, and such are watching this show and would seriously reconsider working for him or giving him a boost.

In short - well, not short now - Russell in one simple loss of a reality show that the prize is usually a year if that - has quite possibly and maybe probably destroyed his future in the industry. No one will want to work with an overbearing and ungrateful, blaming everyone person.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now, does this mean Nona was perfect? - No. She let her temper get the best of her as well. She did have a better group to work with though who would listen to her and seriously did try to help her win this contest.

Nona out of the final two did show improvement through the season, even if she was far from perfect.

Out of the two as I've mentioned, she'll be the better representative of the wine company that is sponsoring this prize. I do think she'll have to wear a coat to cover her tattoos, but other than that, I think she will do decent here if not the restaurant job. I do think Ramsay should offer an internship on the restaurant portion of the prize or a cash prize - she's still not strong enough IMHO to be heading that restaurant or working in one. She made too many mistakes.

So, in conclusion - the right person won IMHO. I think even her fellow chefs SAVE Russell were gracious if not congratulatory on her win. I have more respect for good sports than a sore loser.

My favorite part out of all this though still would be the last bit where they showed funny moments and/or bloopers out of the contestants this season. Even the winner wasn't immune to this ribbing nor was Ramsay for that matter. If anything, this was worth watching the season.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4127685;
    [snipped]...My favorite part out of all this though still would be the last bit where they showed funny moments and/or bloopers out of the contestants this season. Even the winner wasn't immune to this ribbing nor was Ramsay for that matter. If anything, this was worth watching the season.
    I agree - the clips at the end was my favorite part.

Hilarious his saying that he'd blackball the chefs on his team - as if he'd ever have the clout or as if any of them would want to work for him.

Russell seemed to think his team had done a decent enough job - he thought he had done well. But when he lost, it was only about blaming his team. Though I think his team had reason to sabotage him, I didn't see any evidence of it. I think it was their general ineptitude - no different than when they were working for Ramsey.

I agree that Russell has diminished his employment opportunities. I wouldn't want to hire him. With his attitude and short fuse, it would be impossible to develop a good working team (plus he's a lawsuit waiting to happen).

Congratulations Nona!!!

Yeay I'm glad Nona won. I think she does have a good palate and working under the chefs at the LA Market will no doubt improve her abilities even more. I thought she worked well with her team, had the patience to teach them even during a stressful time and managed to inspire them to want to help her win by being assertive while at the same time generous and real.

Russel on the other hand...well he may be a good cook, he's not a good leader. Sure Ramsey yells at people and sometimes calls them names, but he doesn't constantly threaten them with physical violence, and along with Ramsey's yelling comes praise when it's deserved, true teaching moments and encouragement, all that is missing from Russel.

Russel reacted very poorly to losing, but I guess that was to be expected, but the part where he said he'd make sure all the chefs on his team would be black balled in any city where he worked? This proves he's a little delusional about his power and prestige. His ego didn't even shrink the smallest bit back towards reality when he lost.

It's the teams fault not his?..yeah right. The comment cards were really close so his team did a good job with the food. I think Ramsey ended up making the decision by what kind of leader they were in the kitchen. If you worked in a kitchen who would you rather have as your head chef??

Of course, the editors choose what we see, so this may not be entirely the way it really was, but I like Nona and Russel is a self centered and immature brat.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 12-16-2010 at 02:50 AM.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4127685;
    I was just appalled by Russell's behavior. Blaming his chefs for the loss? - well, yeah, that's fair, but his bad and rather poor (to be nice) attitude toward them in that last service didn't endear any of them to him. If I was working for him I'd sabotage his service (which I do think happened) or walk out, and let Ramsay know that I would be willing to give up my prize to not let the fellow win because he'd be a bad rep for the restaurant/winery prizes.

His particular attitude to one and even just saying "If you don't like it walk out" attitude seriously harmed him. In that round, if you piss off someone, they're NOT going to leave but instead harm your chances to win. This is afterall a game where you must stay in good spirits with your fellow players start to finish in order to have them help you win. And, sometimes that may be saying "Yeah, you're right I screwed up nominating you" (i.e. lying through your teeth) to pacify the fellow.

Saying the chefs that were on his team needed to be blackballed and wouldn't work for him if he had a restaurant? - well, that attitude cost him chances for people actually helping him get his wish and have a restaurant. He should've remembered that loaners, workers, and such are watching this show and would seriously reconsider working for him or giving him a boost.

In short - well, not short now - Russell in one simple loss of a reality show that the prize is usually a year if that - has quite possibly and maybe probably destroyed his future in the industry. No one will want to work with an overbearing and ungrateful, blaming everyone person.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I couldn't agree more. He was so obnoxious and rude at the end. How do you not even congratulate the person that won. Sore loser. I didn't like him from the beginning
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

the part where he said he'd make sure all the chefs on his team would be black balled in any city where he worked? This proves he's a little delusional about his power and prestige. His ego didn't even shrink the smallest bit back towards reality when he lost.
    I know! As if HE is sooooo powerful and influential and can control his team's destiny. Russell, get over yourself.

I didn't understand why he chose the guy with dark long hair (Vinnie?). He didn't like Vinnie and he knew Vinnie didn't like him and didn't want to be on Russell's team. But sabotage? Nah.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast